Eyes of Heaven ★ Shigekiyo Yangu
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Shigechi was confirmed for the game alongside Kira and Akira Otoishi. He is still voiced by Kappei Yamaguchi, despite having previously voiced Forever in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders.
As a Stand User, Shigechi is one of many characters with wildly varied abilities that grant him uniqueness in battle. His playstyle from All-Star Battle, involving the use of Harvest to enhance or alter his abilities, returns.
- Style Action - Harvest: Shigechi summons a Harvest unit. He can have up to 3 units active at a time, and the number of active units affect the properties of his skills. Harvest is represented in "Stocks", holding up to a maximum of 7 and refilling over time. Using skills that consume Harvest units will subtract from the available Stock count accordingly; Shigechi cannot summon more Harvest units if he has 0 Stocks. The speed and distance of Shigechi's Homing Dash increases when more Harvest units are active.
- Harvest Stock Icon: A small icon on the right side of Shigechi's health gauge shows how many Stocks of Harvest units he has available, including active units.
- I can get anything I want!: Shigechi sends Harvest out to obtain a different object depending on how many Harvest units are used.
- None - Two construction pipes will fall on Shigechi's target's head from anywhere on the stage, otherwise targeting the nearest opponent.
- One - The pipes become unblockable, deal more damage, and knock the opponent down hard enough for them to bounce.
- Two - Harvest brings Shigechi a bag of St. Gentleman's, restoring a small amount of health.
- Three - Harvest brings Shigechi a wad of yen bills, filling the Dual Heat Gauge by a small amount and giving JoJo Points directly to the player.
- I poured it right into your veins!: Shigechi sends Harvest running forward (flying at his target if in midair) to damage opponents that are hit. The more Harvest units used, the longer the attack's range. If at least one Harvest unit is used, the Harvests will latch onto the target and temporarily inflict a status effect so long as they are attached, with more Harvest units adding more effects; Opponents can be Poisoned (causing gradual health loss), Sealed (disabling the use of skills), or Slowed (reducing movement speed greatly); If three Harvest units are used, all three effects are inflicted.
- I was blinded by my own greed.: Shigechi stops to contemplate. This temporarily boosts the restoration rate of Harvest Stocks, but is followed by a short period of the opposite effect afterward.
- EX - I can get anything I want!: Both opponents are attacked by falling construction pipes regardless of the number of Harvest units active, and Shigechi gains super armor (or unflinching to enemy attacks) in the later portion of the skill's animation. No Harvest Stocks are consumed, but all active Harvest units are reset.
- EX - I poured it right into your veins!: The skill executes quicker, reaches its maximum range, and all three status effects are inflicted regardless of the number of Harvest units active. No Harvest Stocks are consumed, but all active Harvest units are reset.
- Trait - If you come any closer...: If two or more Harvest units are active, Shigechi is able to use his Stand to carry himself up certain walls and columns around the stage, granting him the ability to reach different areas of stages without needing to travel the conventional routes, or simply avoid attacks. Holding this activating button will allow him to climb higher, and he is able to attack from his vantage points. Shigechi climbs faster when three units are active.
- Dual Heat Attack - You want proof? Here it is!: Identical to its performance in All-Star Battle, though executes faster for the sake of brevity.
- No one can beat my Harvest!: Shigechi must use his Style Action 5 times. (200 Points)
- I can get anything I want!: Shigechi must use "I can get anything I want!" 5 times. (200 Points)
- You keep chasing me and I'll kill you!: Shigechi must survive the first 10 counts of the battle timer without taking damage. (300 Points)
- Mess with me and you're gonna get hurt!: Shigechi must perform a Dual Combo Finish. (500 Points)
- Don't underestimate Harvest!: Shigechi must Retire an opponent while the effects of "I was blinded by my own greed." are active. (800 Points)
In the altered timeline, Shigechi survived his encounter with Kira and is seen hanging out with Josuke, Koichi, and Okuyasu at Cafe Deux Magots.
He is paired with Caesar Anthonio Zeppeli in the Eyes of Heaven Tournament but was eliminated in the preliminaries by Joseph Joestar and Dio Brando.