Eyes of Heaven ★ Gyro Zeppeli
Gyro possesses the most Styles out of any character: he is a Stand user, a Mounted Fighter, and is the lone Spin Style user of the game's playable characters. As a Spin user, Gyro is able to strengthen and enhance the properties of his abilities via the power of the Spin; as a Mounted Fighter, Gyro is able to switch between riding atop Valkyrie or moving on-foot; as a Stand user, Gyro is one of many characters with wildly varied abilities that grant him uniqueness in battle.
Gyro interacts with larger stage objects by trapping them using the Spin, causing opponents that get too close to be blown back a large distance.
- Steel Ball Icon: A small icon above Gyro Spin Gauge displays how many of his two Steel Balls are in his possession and available for his various attacks and skills. If an icon is dim, that Steel Ball has been recently used and is unavailable. Gyro's Steel Balls will always return to him once used.
- Style Action - Spin: Gyro charges the Spin into his Steel Balls (he requires both to be available). This Style Action's function is similar to the "Ripple Breathing" ability possessed by all Ripple Users. When enough Spin energy has been charged, Gyro enters Golden Spin Mode, enhancing various properties of all his skills and abilities. While in Golden Spin Mode, Gyro is unable to use his Style Action again until he reverts to normal.
- Spin Gauge: A small gauge above Gyro's health gauge displays the amount of Spin he has currently charged and how close he is to entering Golden Spin Mode. Once Golden Spin Mode has been activated, the Spin Gauge will remain full for a period of time, before beginning to deplete, eventually emptying and causing Gyro to revert.
- Raaaaugh!: Gyro throws a Steel Ball to the ground, before it begins moving forward carried by the power of the Spin, with some homing capabilities. The activating input can be held to allow the Steel Ball to move farther; Gyro may still move around while doing so. If it hits an opponent or the activating input is released, the Steel Ball will release its Spin energy upward, blowing opponents upward and into the air. While in Mounted Mode, the Steel Ball will move much slower. While in Golden Spin Mode, the Steel Ball will receive boosts to speed, damage, and homing capability, Gyro will recover faster from using the skill, and the skill itself gains a shorter cooldown period.
- ORAAAAAAA!!: Gyro throws a Steel Ball as a projectile either forward or towards his lock-on target, before it immediately returns to him. While in Mounted Mode, Gyro may use this skill while moving. While in Golden Spin Mode, the Steel Ball will deal multiple hits if it connects as well as receive boosts to range and Guard Break power; Gyro will recover faster from using the skill, can cancel it into another one, and the skill itself gains a shorter cooldown period.
- Neither of us can turn back now!: This skill is only available in succession after "ORAAAAAAA!!" is used. Gyro continues the attack by throwing his second Steel Ball, this time with the power to send opponents hit flying. While in Mounted Mode, Gyro may use this skill while moving. While in Golden Spin Mode, the Steel Ball will deal multiple hits if it connects as well as receive boosts to range and Guard Break power; Gyro will recover faster from using the skill, and the skill itself gains a shorter cooldown period. The in-game description erroneously states that this skill is a follow-up to "Raaaaugh!".
- Grazie to my ancestors!: Gyro uses his Steel Balls and the power of the Spin to temporarily create a warped area around himself. While active, he cannot be locked onto by opponents, and is invincible to projectiles and traps. While in Gold Spin Mode, the skill will remain active for a longer amount of time and gain a shorter cooldown period.
- Valkyrie: Gyro switches between Mounted Mode and Ground Mode. While in Mounted Mode, Valkyrie has above-average mobility and jump height, can unleash devastating Normal and Powerful Attacks, and Gyro's Spin Gauge charges dramatically faster using his Style Action. However, his stamina gauge will slowly drain, automatically dismounting him when it empties. While in Ground Mode, Gyro can interact with stage objects and grab ledges. While in Golden Spin Mode, Gyro gains super armor while mounting/dismounting, and the skill executes quicker and gains a shorter cooldown period.
- EX - Raaaaugh!: Gyro is invincible until he completes throwing the Steel Ball, and the Steel Ball receives all the benefits of Golden Spin Mode regardless if it is actually active.
- EX - Scan: This skill is only available in EX form, in place of "ORAAAAAAA!!". Gyro throws an unblockable Steel Ball imbued with Scan at an upward angle, otherwise towards his lock-on target. The activating input can be held to allow the Steel Ball to move farther; Gyro may still move around while doing so. If it hits an opponent or the activating input is released, the Steel Ball will remain suspended in place for a short period of time. Opponents that make contact with the stationary Steel Ball will take moderate damage and be left crumpling. If "ORAAAAAAA!!" is used, Gyro will now throw his remaining Steel Ball at the stationary one, causing it to deflect at high speed towards the nearest opponent or Gyro's lock-on target; this gives it the power to send them flying and deal high damage on-contact, or Guard Break them in a single hit if they attempt to block it. While in Golden Spin Mode, the Steel Ball receives a damage boost and the skill itself gains a shorter cooldown period.
Dual Heat Attacks
- Solo - Ball Breaker: Identical to its performance in All-Star Battle, though executes faster for the sake of brevity.
- With Johnny - GO! GO! GO!: The two riding on their horses, Gyro throws a Steel Ball while Johnny shoots a fingernail, both infused with the Golden Spin. As a result, Ball Breaker and Tusk ACT4 fly side-by-side towards the opponent. After Tusk briefly pummels the target, both Stands fly through their midsection as the power of the two Golden Spins generate a massive energy explosion.
Costumes & Tints
- Spin along the "Path of the Golden Rectangle!": Gyro must enter Golden Spin Mode. (200 Points)
- You know what kills the most?: Gyro must connect the full Normal Attack combo while in Mounted Mode. (200 Points)
- I can see really well now!: Gyro must connect "Scan". (300 Points)
- Lesson 4! Pay your respects!: Gyro must connect "ORAAAAAAA!!" while in Golden Spin Mode a total of 5 times. (500 Points)
- The secret to the Steel Ball is the search for infinity...: Gyro must Retire an opponent while in Golden Spin Mode. (800 Points)
In the alternate timeline he is shown to have survived the fight with Valentine and is fighting along-side Johnny against the alternate Diego Brando.
He is paired with Jolyne Cujoh in the Eyes of Heaven Tournament, beating Muhammad Avdol and Koichi Hirose in the first round and Jotaro Kujo and Vanilla Ice in the second. Making it to the semifinals, they beat Jonathan Joestar and DIO in the first round and Bruno Bucciarati and Trish Una in the second. Ultimately, they were defeated in the final round by Kars and Pet Shop.