Kei Nijimura (虹村 京 Nijimura Kei) is a secondary ally featured in the eighth part of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series, JoJolion. Appearing as an antagonist in the "Paisley Park and Born This Way" story arc, she then becomes an ally in "The Wonder of You (Your Miraculous Love)" story arc.
Kei is the Higashikata Family household's housekeeper. She is eventually revealed to be the daughter of Holy Joestar-Kira and thus Yoshikage Kira's younger sister. Kei is a Stand User who wields the autonomous, chilling Stand, Born This Way.
Kei is a young woman with long, dark hair which is normally tied in a bun with the exception of her meeting with Josuke with her hair down. She wears a maid's uniform consisting of a dark blouse with an apron. Her apron is decorated with two pins that resemble lightning bolts and the letters "GU", which likely stands for her Stand's original name, Going Underground, on each pin, and a pantyhose patterned with stars. She wears a chin-strapped dark-colored hat that is also decorated with the letters "GU", and each of her shoes are designed with a bow-knot.
When confronted by Josuke, it is revealed that she bears a star-shaped birthmark near her left shoulder.
Kei typically performs all the duties expected of a maid and shows no emotion whatsoever. It is eventually revealed her emotionless demeanor is a façade when Josuke asks her if she attacked him on the Higashikatas' orders. Kei reacts harshly to this, showing that she hates the Higashikatas, calling them "the goddamn Higashikatas". She also threatens to kill Josuke if he approaches Holy because she is revealed to be Holy's daughter, shedding tears and becoming more emotional.
After Josuke finally gives into her demands, she breaks down and reveals that they knew each other in the past, and she is surprised that he has really lost all of his memories. She also points out the seams in his halved eyeballs and tongue.
- Main article: Born This Way
Kei's Stand Born This Way is an automatic Stand that activates when the person she has targeted opens something. It manifests as a humanoid Stand riding a motorcycle that produces extremely cold winds, capable of freezing water vapor in the air.
Although aware of her mother's illness, Kei took no part in helping Yoshikage steal and keep the Locacaca from the Locacaca Smuggling Organization. Instead, wary of the Higashikatas, she infiltrated the Higashikata Family, posing as an unrelated maid and taking the name "Nijimura" to investigate their secret.
Upon entering the Higashikata household, Josuke Higashikata is coerced into taking a family photo. Kei appears and attempts to remove his hat, causing Josuke to feel threatened, and ask who she is. Norisuke Higashikata IV answers for her and introduces her as the Higashikata family's housekeeper. When Norisuke shows Josuke around the house, he tells him to ask Nijimura for anything he needs. Later, as she helps Yasuho Hirose exit the premises, she relays a message from Norisuke, stating that Yasuho is not allowed near the Higashikatas' house again.
Seeing that Josuke has investigated her family tree and taking him for an enemy, Kei unleashes her Stand, Born This Way, on Josuke just as he decides to go see Holy. Nonetheless, Josuke escapes Born This Way and surprises Kei standing near the hospital. Kei tries to summon Born This Way one last time by tossing an opened pen to Josuke but Soft & Wet knocks her out before it can attack. Josuke manages to defeat her, but Kei stays aggressive and warns Josuke not to approach her mother. Josuke decides to be diplomatic and concedes, leading Kei to trust him. Examining his face, Kei notices that Josuke's eyes and tongue are in fact a blend of two organs.
Kei subsequently leads Josuke to the Wall Eyes and shows him that he is a fusion of her brother Yoshikage Kira and another person. She demonstrates using a lemon and a tangerine, burying them underneath the soil. She then unearths the fruits and then slices each of them in half, showing some of their sections swapped.
After Jobin returns from his trip, he gives souvenirs he's bought from the trip to his family, including Kei and Josuke. He gives Kei an Oscar statue from a trip to Southeast Asia, which Hato grows jealous of.
When Hato brings her boyfriend Tamaki Damo home, Kei is the first to be liquefied by Damo's Vitamin C as she tries to wipe off strange hand prints on the windows and furniture of the house. She spends the rest of the fight in a liquefied state.
During Tooru's pursuit in the Higashikata household, Yasuho immediately eats a Locacaca fruit after realizing that Tooru himself is the user of Wonder of U, who is then causing the calamity. She proceeds to use Joshu's phone to contact Kei Nijimura. At the TG University Hospital, Kei takes care of her mother in bed until she receives Yasuho's call. Yasuho tells her to hand the phone to Josuke as soon as possible. Kei notices that Holy has written notes about Josuke and his whereabouts and thus Kei is now able to go find Josuke in the secret Locacaca lab.
In the Locacaca laboratory, the Stand Wonder of U manages to take down Josuke and nearly incapacitates him. As it approaches Josuke, Born This Way breaks into the room and freezes Soft and Wet's bubbles, which then strikes Wonder of U multiple times. Kei then enters the laboratory. However, the attack has broken Wonder of U's cane, which lodges itself into Kei's eye. Before she collapses and dies, Kei barely has time to inform Josuke that she's come to give him her cell phone so that he can talk to Yasuho. Later, Josuke somehow feels her hand touching him even though she's still on the floor.
After Wonder of U flees, Josuke walks over to Holy's room and takes a moment to think about Kei, Holy, and Rai Mamezuku.
- Kei Nijimura vs Josuke Higashikata
- Kei Nijimura, Josuke Higashikata, Joshu Higashikata & Yasuho Hirose vs Tooru (Death)
- “The Higashikata Family... that family has secrets. In order to find those secrets and in order to protect my mother, I infiltrated that house as Nijimura the maid. The only living member of the Kira family left are my mother and I.”
- “You are you... I know that... It's the same for everyone in this world... you are your own self.”
- “I can say this decisively... I'm sure of it. Your true identity is my older brother, Yoshikage Kira... there's no doubt about it. But that's only part of you. There's another person. You are a fusion of Yoshikage's body and your own. Your minds are fused as well. Your spirit taken form, your Stand, it's different from the shape of Yoshikage's Stand. Your Stand is also a combination of two.”
- “Y-Yasuho, I understand... I know where Josuke is right now!”
- “Josuke... I came here... to give you... to give you... this. It's from... Yasuho...”
- The hiragana spelling of her name was originally "Kyō" (きょう) since JJL Volume 4. However, it was changed to "Kei" (けい) as of JJL Volume 24. Araki noted that he hadn't checked the furigana for a long time.
- In the Higashikata House, a few minutes before the harvest of the new Locacaca fruit, Kei is seen missing in the family photo taken when Jobin returns home from a business trip whereas she was initially shown being featured in the photo.