Holy Joestar-Kira (吉良・ホリー・ジョースター Kira Horī Jōsutā) is a secondary ally featured in the eighth part of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, JoJolion. She is introduced in the ""Paisley Park" and "Born This Way"" story arc.
Holy is a world-renowned ophthalmologist from T.H. Medical University Hospital and associate professor at Morioh's T.G. University. She is the daughter of Joseph Joestar, wife of Yoshiteru Kira and mother of Yoshikage Kira and Kei Nijimura.
Holy is a middle-aged woman of Western ancestry. In her first appearance, Holy wears a hoodie complete with a cape over undisclosed clothes, of which only the collar decorated with a capital "H" and the legs, covered in square metallic plates are revealed. She also has a white hat decorated with flowers and another "H". She was initially depicted as having sunglasses.
After her affliction worsens, part of Holy's body has turned into a massive chunk of stone that moves across her body. Holy has taken to writing on herself to keep important information within reach. Among other things, she has scribbled graduation on herself to measure the time she has left before the moving chunk of rock reaches her head, which makes her lose consciousness.
A hoodie dress over a turtle neck sweater, which has an "H" emblem on the collar. Her bracelets have matching "H" emblems alongside roses. A cape is over her hoodie. Her pants have rectangular and small circular studs attached to them. She has a brimmed hat decorated with flowers, another "H" emblem, and a large pin that sticks out. She also wears dark lensed glasses.
Variations of this outfit include a black simpler hat, no bracelets and sunglasses with thicker frames. An early Holy also wears this outfit without the hat and sunglasses.
Holy suffers from an unknown type of mental disorder that makes her mistake people for objects, for instance, mistake a nurse for a pair of shoes. This is explained by the fact that parts of her brain are missing, although it is then revealed that she was the subject of inhuman trials conducted by the Locacaca Organization, who turned parts of her into rock. While under medical care, she can interact normally, capable of addressing Yasuho as another human being although she exhibits difficulties in reacting to what her interlocutor says. For instance, she ignores for a moment the fact that Yasuho came to inquire about her son.
Flashbacks at different periods show a gradual deterioration of her mental state. When she saved Josefumi Kujo, Holy acted normally. When Yasuho was 13, she displayed mild symptoms as she approached Yasuho out of the blue and offered insightful remarks, although it made little sense to Yasuho. At the time Josefumi and Kira were cultivating the Locacaca, she had trouble differentiating Josefumi from Kira but when reminded of it, she somewhat returned to her senses. Holy shows a certain fondness for reading. At one point in the past, Holy recommended the novel The Rose of Versailles to Josefumi, but by the beginning of the series she seems to have regressed to looking at racy magazines. Soon, her condition and mental state worsen to the point she tries to eat her own fingers off and can't seem to recognize people anymore.
In her rare moments of relative consciousness, Holy demonstrates that she's knowledgeable, wise, and insightful. After meeting with Yasuho, Holy does notice the girl's Stand and correctly guesses that she can be a valuable ally to her son and shows a belief in Fate. When she meets with Josuke, she is able to reveal practically everything she knows about the Locacaca Organization, has the presence of mind of bringing him to the Locacaca 6251's secret vault to administer it, and gives a crucial hint to Josuke in order to approach Satoru Akefu without pursuing him. In the past, she was shown to be a compassionate, dedicated doctor who was determined to save people, at one point doing everything in her power to save a dying Josefumi and imploring Kira to help save him. Even when she's mentally ill, Holy is quite amiable and likes to have conversations with everyone.
During her first appearance, Holy also exhibits a capacity to measure distances precisely with the naked eye, the same way Josuke measured lengths.
Holy holds her son Yoshikage in high regard, despite his disposition and attitude.
- Main article: Holy's Unnamed Stand
Holy is implied to have a Stand or an ability of a similar nature as she was capable of seeing Paisley Park during Yasuho Hirose's TG University Hospital visit. She also seemingly recognized what it was and commented on how Yasuho was using it subconsciously.
As a former ophthalmologist at T.H. Medical University Hospital and an associate professor at Morioh's T.G. University, Holy is presumably a recognized expert in the medical field and a seasoned doctor of ocular treatment. In a flashback, she is portrayed as an emergency room practitioner who was capable of diagnosing Josefumi's condition and knew how to stabilize it through the use of her son's Stand ability. She is also noted to have had some background in the Locacaca fruit having created a laboratory solely for researching it.
Born Holy Joestar, she is the daughter of Joseph Joestar and Suzi Q. She is also the mother of Yoshikage Kira, making this Kira a direct descendant of Johnny Joestar. Holy Joestar-Kira is revealed to have been an ophthalmologist who worked at the T.H. Medical University Hospital from 1998-2008 before becoming a guest professor at TG University.
In the late 1990s, Holy was serving as an emergency room doctor when the young Josefumi Kujo was brought into the hospital after an accident that left him with a possibly fatal blood clot. She asked her son to use his Stand Killer Queen to remove the blood clot, saving the young Josefumi's life. This would leave Josefumi indebted to the Kira family, leading to Yoshikage and Josefumi scheming together to steal a branch of the Locacaca Tree to possibly cure Holy of the mysterious illness she suffers from, and ultimately to the creation of Josuke Higashikata from the bodies and minds of Yoshikage Kira and Josefumi Kujo.
Holy created the hidden Locacaca lab at TG University Hospital. However, she failed in her research. Holy witnessed the Locacaca Organization infiltrating the hospital and she began to suffer from memory loss and blackouts, gradually weakening over time. Nonetheless, Holy managed to learn a lot about the organization. It is shown that already when Yasuho was 13, Holy was showing symptoms of dementia. Holy met Yasuho after Yasuho performed a suicide attempt, and offered her cryptic advice about not overlooking things and only looking inward. She is currently a patient at the TG University Hospital, which is the reason she was not present to identify her son's corpse after he died.
"Paisley Park" and "Born This Way"
When Yasuho visits her, Holy is creeping up towards her on the ground and startles her, similar to Josuke in his introduction. Yasuho tries to ask Holy about Yoshikage Kira, but before she can get an answer, she's escorted out by a nurse and two Security Guards. As Yasuho's removed from the room, Holy pays special attention to her shadow, which had, unbeknownst to Yasuho, taken a different, Stand-like form. When Yasuho is brought back to the hospital, she sees a group of doctors talking to Holy, and examining her CAT scans which show parts of her internal organs and her brain missing with almost surgical precision, despite not having any scars from previous surgeries. This happens all while Holy is trying to use a nurse like a pair of boots and a magazine, showing that whatever has happened to her has given her a form of dementia.
Dawn of the Higashikata Household
At the hospital, Josuke sees Holy, unconscious and strapped to her bed, and more worryingly, put into a dusty room in a neglected aisle of the hospital. He accosts a doctor, outraged by the living conditions of Holy. When the doctor asks him if he is a relative, Josuke confirms that he is Holy's son. At this answer, the doctor then explains that no one has paid her medical expenses since August which her insurance didn't cover. The doctor adds that Holy's condition took a turn for the worse as she began to hallucinate her fingers as food and ate six of them, forcing the doctors to strap her and sedate her. Finally, her treatment only delayed the progress of her illness, and until someone pays the fees amounting to 120,000 yen per night, the hospital won't resume her treatment. Observing Holy, Josuke is overcome by sadness, recognizing her as his mother and sorry for her state. Still crying, Josuke promises the doctor that the fees will be paid. Josuke then promises himself to go find the Locacaca to cure her.
The Wonder of You
During her stay, Holy's illness worsened to the point that a great mass of rock is moving across her body, putting her in a coma whenever it reaches her brain. To calculate what time she had left between each coma, Holy marked her entire body with grades and numbers to measure how close the rock is to her brain. When Josuke is brought to the hospital, Holy senses his arrival and wakes up to go look for him. Mistaking Josuke for her son, Holy brings Josuke to room A2 in the gynecology department where the organization has kept vials of Locacaca 6251. Holy tells Josuke to stay away from Satoru Akefu but he remains determined to chase after him. Josuke's lips and nose are turned into stone and he almost suffocates but Holy manages to pour more medicine into his mouth through a hole. Before losing consciousness for good, Holy gives one last bit of advice: do not directly pursue Akefu but to make him do the pursuing. As she goes into a coma, Holy expresses her wish to see her son again.
Holy is brought to her room and at one point, Nijimura arrives to take care of her. As Yasuho Hirose calls Nijimura and tells her to find Josuke, Nijimura notices that Holy has preemptively written notes on herself that also tell Nijimura to go find Josuke and where he is.
After Wonder of U flees, Josuke walks over to Holy's room and takes a moment to think about her, Mamezuku, and Nijimura.
After the defeat of Toru resulting in no Locacaca remaining, Holy stays comatose in the hospital with the equivalent exchange now gone forever.
- JJL Chapter 11: Family Tree (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 12: "Paisley Park" and "Born This Way", Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 13: "Paisley Park" and "Born This Way", Part 2
- JJL Chapter 14: "Paisley Park" and "Born This Way", Part 3
- JJL Chapter 16: "Paisley Park" and "Born This Way", Part 5 (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 17: The Lemon and the Tangerine
- JJL Chapter 21: "Shakedown Road", Part 4 (Flashback)
- JJL Chapter 22: Morioh 1901 (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 26: Tsurugi Higashikata's Goal, and the Architect (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 27: Norisuke Higashikata, Tsurugi Higashikata, and Yotsuyu Yagiyama, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 32: "I Am a Rock", Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 38: Jobin Higashikata Is a Stand User (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 43: Love Love Deluxe, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 44: Love Love Deluxe, Part 2 (Flashback)
- JJL Chapter 45: Love Love Deluxe, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 50: Vitamin C and Killer Queen, Part 1 (Flashback)
- JJL Chapter 51: Vitamin C and Killer Queen, Part 2 (Flashback)
- JJL Chapter 52: Vitamin C and Killer Queen, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 53: Vitamin C and Killer Queen, Part 4 (Flashback)
- JJL Chapter 55: Walking Heart, Breaking Heart (Flashback)
- JJL Chapter 56: Milagro Man, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 58: Dawn of the Higashikata Family (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 59: Dolomite's Blue Lagoon, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 66: The Plant Appraiser - Rai Mamezuku (31), Part 2 (Flashback)
- JJL Chapter 67: The Plant Appraiser - Rai Mamezuku (31), Part 3 (Flashback)
- JJL Chapter 70: Urban Guerrilla and Doremifasolati Do, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 71: The Qing Dynasty Hair Clip (Flashback)
- JJL Chapter 74: Ozon Baby's Pressure, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 75: Ozon Baby's Pressure, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 79: Doctor Wu and Awaking 3 Leaves, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 82: Doctor Wu and Awaking 3 Leaves, Part 4 (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 85: The Wonder of You, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 88: The Wonder of You, Part 5 (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 90: The Wonder of You, Part 7 (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 92: The Wonder of You, Part 9
- JJL Chapter 93: The Wonder of You, Part 10
- JJL Chapter 97: The Wonder of You, Part 14 (Video only)
- JJL Chapter 98: The Wonder of You, Part 15 (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 102: The Wonder of You, Part 19
- JJL Chapter 103: The Wonder of You, Part 20
- JJL Chapter 104: The Wonder of You, Part 21 (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 105: Safety First (Flashback) (Mentioned only)
- JJL Chapter 107: When All Curses Are Broken
- JJL Chapter 110: Higashikata Fruit Parlor (Flashback)
- TJL Chapter 1: Mechanism (Mentioned only)
- “Thank you. You did well to come here. You said your name is Yasuho-san, right...? Come again, okay?! Such a pretty girl... She... is already using "it" subconsciously, it looks like. But if she realizes how to use it, then... investigate the family tree. If she realizes that, she will give strength to my son... surely this is also Fate.”
- “Whatever happens... no matter what kind of cruel things happen in this world... I can never forget what's most important... I can never forget my own children.”
- “It's self-evident that there's not a single thing that is good to overlook. That means... if there's something important to see... and you only look at yourself, you won't be able to see it. I hope what's important to you eventually comes into view.”
- “The director... has no face. I've met him countless times. That's the kind of person he is. That's the kind of ability he has.”
- “The hospital director's form cannot be grasped... Yoshikage... you absolutely must not chase after him. But it's okay to make him do the chasing. Please... Be careful... Because I want... To see you... Again.”
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 JJL Chapter 11: Family Tree, p.30
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 JJL Chapter 92: The Wonder of You, Part 9
- ↑ JJL Chapter 17: The Lemon and the Tangerine, p.11
- ↑ JJL Chapter 17: The Lemon and the Tangerine, p.15
- ↑ JJL Chapter 14: "Paisley Park" and "Born This Way", Part 3, p.8
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 JJL Chapter 50: Vitamin C and Killer Queen, Part 1
- ↑ JJL Chapter 71: The Qing Dynasty Hair Clip, p.37-38
- ↑ JJL Chapter 51: Vitamin C and Killer Queen, Part 2, p.26-29
- ↑ JJL Chapter 51: Vitamin C and Killer Queen, Part 2, p.28
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 JJL Chapter 14: "Paisley Park" and "Born This Way", Part 3, p.4
- ↑ JJL Chapter 58: Dawn of the Higashikata Family
- ↑ JJL Chapter 14: "Paisley Park" and "Born This Way", Part 3, p.12
- ↑ JJL Chapter 13: "Paisley Park" and "Born This Way", Part 2, p.35
- ↑ JJL Chapter 92: The Wonder of You, Part 9, p.11
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 JJL Chapter 82: Doctor Wu and Awaking 3 Leaves, Part 4
- ↑ Vitamin C and Killer Queen (story arc)
- ↑ JJL Chapter 71: The Qing Dynasty Hair Clip
- ↑ JJL Chapter 14: "Paisley Park" and "Born This Way", Part 3, p.13