Red Hot Chili Pepper
Red Hot Chili Pepper (レッド・ホット・チリ・ペッパー Reddo Hotto Chiri Peppā) is the Stand of Akira Otoishi, featured in the fourth part of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series, Diamond is Unbreakable.
Although a long-range Stand, Red Hot Chili Pepper can become exceptionally powerful, for its strength is derived from the electrical currents through which it can travel.
Red Hot Chili Pepper appears as a short humanoid with features akin to those of dinosaurs, including a small beak, a long tail, and large, bony spikes that run down its spine. Its head bears a resemblance to that of a Pachycephalosaurus. Its abdomen is scaly, and around its waist is a ring with a loose flap hanging over the crotch, resembling a loincloth. It possesses a radiant glow from the electricity it has drawn in that slowly diminishes the longer it is away from a power source, eventually turning its body the color of rust.
After being thrown into the ocean and having all of its electricity dispersed, it breaks apart. When it reappears, it has holes in its head and is missing its left arm, two fingers on its right hand, and its entire lower half. Thin rods connected by ball joints take the place of the missing limbs except for the legs, which are entirely absent, and the waist appears as a spike connected to rods extending from the inside of Red Hot Chili Pepper's chest.
Red Hot Chili Pepper is a Long-Range Stand based on electricity whose lethality increases dramatically when it is near electricity. Not only does its range and ability to pass through electrical systems make Otoishi impossible to find, when powered-up, it can physically overwhelm and outpace Crazy Diamond. On the other hand, it is very dependent on its power source to act.
Red Hot Chili Pepper is capable of absorbing electricity to increase its raw strength and speed and heal its wounds. It is shown that it can absorb the full power of Morioh's electrical grid.
However, the downside of that ability is that these power-ups consume a lot of electricity and Red Hot Chili Pepper must remain near sources of electricity to keep its stamina. If Red Hot Chili Pepper ever falls into water, its electricity will also disperse and disable it.
Upon depleting the electricity it has absorbed, it will weaken and take upon a rusted look instead of its shiny gold coat and slowly begins to vanish, threatening Otoishi's life.
Red Hot Chili Pepper can persist inside and pass through flows of electricity, and thus is able to hide inside power wires or batteries and quickly travel from one position to another through electrical cables. If Red Hot Chili Pepper holds on to an object, it can turn it into electricity and move it where it desires and if this move is used on a living person, they are also dragged inside the electrical system, electrocuted, and eventually killed, as was the case with Keicho Nijimura. Otoishi uses this ability to steal about 5 billion yen worth of goods throughout Morioh, but also spy on his enemies.
Chapters / Episodes
- Chapter 283: The Nijimura Brothers, Part 10
- Chapter 284: Koichi Hirose (Echoes), Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- Chapter 294: Yukako Yamagishi Falls in Love, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- Chapter 307: Red Hot Chili Pepper, Part 1
- Chapter 308: Red Hot Chili Pepper, Part 2
- Chapter 309: Red Hot Chili Pepper, Part 3
- Chapter 310: Red Hot Chili Pepper, Part 4
- Chapter 311: Red Hot Chili Pepper, Part 5
- Chapter 312: Red Hot Chili Pepper, Part 6
- Chapter 313: Red Hot Chili Pepper, Part 7
- Chapter 314: Red Hot Chili Pepper, Part 8
- Chapter 325: Let's Go Hunting!, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- Chapter 412: Cheap Trick, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- SBR Extra Chapter 3: Untitled Stand Chapter (Mentioned only)
- DU Episode 5: The Nijimura Brothers, Part 3
- DU Episode 7: Toshikazu Hazamada (Surface)
- DU Episode 8: Yukako Yamagishi Falls in Love, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- DU Episode 11: Red Hot Chili Pepper, Part 1
- DU Episode 12: Red Hot Chili Pepper, Part 2
- GW Episode 1: Gold Experience (Flashback)
Creation And Development
Araki states that Red Hot Chili Pepper's design is inspired by the headbutting dinosaur featured in Kyouryuu Daikikou, and its incredible power despite its miniature stature is inspired by Freeza from Dragon Ball Z.
Cult Jump (GB)
Red Hot Chili Pepper appears without its Stand user, Otoishi, as one of the ten characters representing JoJo's Bizarre Adventure in the game.
All-Star Battle (PS3)
Red Hot Chili Pepper appears in All-Star Battle with Otoishi.
Eyes of Heaven (PS3/PS4)
Red Hot Chili Pepper appears once again in Eyes of Heaven with Otoishi. If it comes in contact with any live electrical appliance, such as the electric chair in the Boing-Boing Cape stage, instead of taking damage, Chili Pepper will automatically charge Otoishi's Electric Gauge by two-thirds of a meter.
- ↑ Love Deluxe - Vol.14 "Shueisha Jump Remix Diamond is Unbreakable Edition" P83 The Origin of STANDS! part.1
- ↑ JOJOVELLER: STANDS, p.114-115
- ↑ JOJO A-GO!GO!: STANDS, p.104
- ↑ Chapter 309: Red Hot Chili Pepper, Part 3, p.16
- ↑ Chapter 314: Red Hot Chili Pepper, Part 8
- ↑ Chapter 312: Red Hot Chili Pepper, Part 6
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Chapter 313: Red Hot Chili Pepper, Part 7
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Chapter 307: Red Hot Chili Pepper, Part 1
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Chapter 310: Red Hot Chili Pepper, Part 4
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Chapter 309: Red Hot Chili Pepper, Part 3
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Chapter 283: The Nijimura Brothers, Part 10
- ↑ Chapter 308: Red Hot Chili Pepper, Part 2
- ↑ Chapter 315: We Picked Up Something Crazy!, Part 1
- ↑ JOJOVELLER: Araki's Stand Commentaries - Red Hot Chili Pepper