Rohan Kishibe ★ Video Games
A summary of Rohan Kishibe's history and movesets in video games.
Rohan makes his first playable appearance in the PS3 title. As one of the mass majority of playable characters in the game with the "Stand" Style, Rohan can turn Heaven's Door on/off, changing movesets, as well as having access to the Stand Rush ability returning from the Capcom game, being able to attack in conjunction with his Stand.
As Heaven's Door has never been shown engaging in physical combat, most of Rohan's fighting ability makes use of Heaven's Door's power or his own art equipment. Exclusive to Rohan is the ability to use "Seals", which lock off certain types of attacks and skills from the opponent for five counts of the battle timer, making them flinch every time they attempt to use a locked off skill and giving Rohan an opening to attack. However, if Rohan is hit at all, every lock will be instantly nullified. Rohan has 1000 HP.
Rohan is a low-damage fighter, relying on his seals and ability to rapidly build the Heart Heat Gauge in order to effectively battle. Having attacks at all ranges and many opportunities to use HHG-consuming actions (HHA, GHA, Stand Rush, and Puttsun Cancels) more frequently makes up for Rohan's sub-par damage output. Rohan can force his opponent into a defensive playstyle with a combination of the right type of seals and attacks, but can be properly countered with characters that are not as hindered by certain seals than others.
His knocked down animation has him move his pen on the floor which is a reference to him writing notes after being pummeled by Josuke after hearing about his hairstyle's backstory when introduced as an antagonist.
Eyes of Heaven (PS3/PS4)
Rohan was confirmed for the game alongside Okuyasu and "Kosaku".
Like in All Star Battle, Rohan compensates his mediocre damage output and combo pontential with the powerful ability to lock off his opponents' attacks.
As a Stand User, Rohan is one of many characters with wildly varied abilities that grant him uniqueness in battle. Opponents hit by Rohan's skills will be Sealed, and will have their abilities locked off accordingly until either enough time has passed or Rohan is hard knocked down.
- Style Action - Safety Lock: Rohan draws Heaven's Door's silhouette in the air with his finger as a trap. If an opponent touches it, their Normal Attacks, Powerful Attacks, and Homing Dashes will be Sealed. Holding down the input will charge the skill, eventually allowing it to seal an opponent's Style Action, then ability to interact with stage objects. When used in midair, Rohan is unable to charge and enhance it. This ability can be canceled out of with a Normal Attack, Powerful Attack, and Homing Dash. Despite Rohan creating the drawings with his finger, the Safety Locks are tangible, and can cancel out and be canceled out by projectiles. Though not specified by the game, Rohan can trap stage objects with Safety Locks when interacting with them.
- I'll be the first to strike!: Rohan sends Heaven's Door forward to attack, and if it connects, the target is knocked off their feet. This skill Seals off all non-Style Action skills, Flash Cancels, and Flash Bursts.
- Knocked back at 70 km/h!: Heaven's Door rushes forward in a flurry of punches, following the attack up by writing into opponents "I will fly backwards at 70km/h", and sending them flying a great distance away.
- I think I'll put you out of commission.: Heaven's Door rushes forward in a flurry of punches, following the attack up with an unblockable grab that steals material from opponents and leaves them crumpling and open to further attack. This skill seals off the ability to use Dual Combos and DHAs as well as Flash Bursts. This also freezes the enemy team's Dual Heat Gauge.
- You dare insult ME, cretin?!: Rohan stops to taunt, and if he is not interrupted, he temporarily increases the duration of inflicted Sealed effects for a period of time afterward. The effect does not apply to Seals already active when he executes the skill.
- EX - I'll be the first to strike!: The skill executes quicker, gains a boost to range and damage, and the duration of the inflicted Seal is increased.
- EX - I think I'll put you out of commission.: Rohan is invincible until the attack begins, and the duration of the inflicted Seal is increased.
- Time to open the door of your heart.: Rohan must use a fully charged Style Action. (200 Points)
- You dare insult ME, cretin?!: Rohan must use "You dare insult ME, cretin?!" (200 Points)
- If I were the hero of a manga story, what would I do here?: Rohan must land the basic Powerful Attack 3 times. (300 Points)
- A bit quick, huh?: Rohan must land a Takedown 3 times. (500 Points)
- Shut up! Just try me!: Rohan must survive the first 30 counts of the battle timer without taking damage. (800 Points)
Dual Heat Attacks
- Solo - Heaven's Door: Rohan uses Heaven's Door to knock the opponent onto the ground sitting, opening their entire face into material. Rohan, reading the pages, is left awestruck by the contents. Claiming the pages for himself, he swiftly and violently rips a handful of them out, sending the opponent flying. Like his Great Heat Attack from All Star Battle, it does below-average damage but has the immensely powerful effect of Sealing all of the opponent's abilities short of basic movement and platforming for a period of time, leaving them completely unable to fend for themselves.
- With Josuke - I really hate this guy...: Rohan uses Heaven's Door to write within the opponent "My body will fly forwards at 70 km/hr." as he begins to tell Josuke something; revealing soon after that he hates him. The opponent is sent flying at Josuke in an attempt to cause a collision, forcing him to use Crazy Diamond to pummel them away.
- With Koichi - We're best friends!: Koichi uses 3 Freeze to make the opponent heavier, before Rohan uses Heaven's Door to write in the opponent "My weight will increase 10-fold.", combining the effects and multiplying their weight to such a degree that it causes them to slam face-first and sink into the ground with enough force to generate a crater.
Rohan appears as a 1-Koma character (which provides immunity from the Battle and Support Seal status effects) and as a menu explanatory character, representing the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure franchise. This is also his first appearance in any game media.
Diamond Records (Android/iOS)
Rohan appears in Diamond Records as both a playable character and the player's guide, explaining the game's mechanics and modes.
Rohan was one of the characters first confirmed during the game's announcement.