Andre is one of the competitors of the Steel Ball Run race. Alongside the rest of the Boomboom Family, he tries to eliminate other jockeys to get ahead in the race and attacks Gyro Zeppeli and Johnny Joestar.
Andre appears as a young man in his early twenties, notably having aligned columns of freckles that cover his face. He has unkempt hair. Andre wears a spotted shirt with a target imprinted on the chest, with a corresponding cap on which two bow ties are attached; he also wears a plain vest.
Just like the other members of the family, Andre is a murderous and greedy man who murders the competition for the prize money. He shows a little more intelligence than his younger brother, L.A. Boomboom. Andre seems to practice erotic asphyxiation.
- Main article: Tomb of the Boom 2
Tomb of the Boom grants every member of the Boomboom family the ability to manipulate iron in different ways. Andre's power is to magnetize anyone his blood touches. It is the most powerful of the three, according to Benjamin.
Andre can somehow close his nostrils without touching them. He can also stuff his ears into the earholes, like Giorno Giovanna.
Not much is known about the Boomboom Family's life before the Steel ball Run. Benjamin mentions that Andre and L.A.'s mother left their home and became a whore.
Steel Ball Run
The Boomboom Family participates in the Steel Ball Run, aiming to be at the first, second and third place to maximize their gains. Lost in the mass of the racers during the first stage, the Boomboom Family assassinates three other competitors named Max Becker, David Hagen and Paul Lukather by using Tomb of the Boom 1 2 3 to magnetize them and make they collide.
During the second stage, the Boomboom Family follows Johnny Joestar and Gyro Zeppeli in the desert because of Oyecomova, who has put a bounty on Gyro. Andre is sent to trick them. He lets himself be bitten by a spotted salamander and approaches the duo at sunset, pretending to merely be a hurt competitor. He begs for some fire and Gyro reluctantly throws a burning log at him. To sedate himself, Andre uses his belt to strangle himself and cuts off the poison before seemingly losing consciousness, all to trick Gyro into approaching him and soon enough Gyro kicks Andre's knife aside, magnetizing his leg. The rest of the family comes.
Gyro's feet is invaded by steel and the duo realises that they are dealing with enemies that are assassinating the competition. They realise that the Boomboom's ability is a magnetic power when Johnny's pistol is disassembled and the pieces are attracted to Gyro's feet. Benjamin Boomboom, the patriarch, destroys an incoming Steel Ball aimed at him with his magnetism. Andre's knife flies towards Gyro's neck but he blocks it. Furious at Gyro for almost letting him die, Andre is the first to charge closer to Gyro. Gyro throws his remaining ball at a rock, making a piece of rock shoot through André. Seeing the Boomboom Family circle around them, Gyro understands that the magnetism is tied to his proximity to them and thus, the duo flees. As they move away from the Boomboom, the magnetism weakens but Benjamin shoots through the hole in Andre, splashing some of Andre's blood on Johnny.
Benjamin, knowing he's followed by the cowboy Mountain Tim, manipulates pieces of metal into his face to make himself look like Johnny. Mountain Tim reveals his ability Oh! Lonesome Me, allowing the cowboy to disassemble his body along his rope, and tries to grab Benjamin. However, Benjamin cuts the rope and escapes in the briar patches. Meanwhile, Andre doesn't immediately die from his injury, but he mentions going unconscious from the blood loss and is never seen afterward. Just as the family prepare their final assault on Gyro, Johnny and Tim, Andre leaves him behind. After their father's death, it is unknown what happened to him and his brother.
- “D... Don't shoot! I mean no harm! I came here because I saw the fire!”
- “It's... It's anesthesia. Anesthesia. Since I'm gonna cut off the poisoned part of the skinnn... I'd need a painkiller. I invented this way myself... It's out of this world. Don't ever try this. I always let the girls strangle me.”
- “Hey yo, L.A.! Can you do this? Nostrils both flat! Nostrils both flat! [...] My ears can go into my earhole, too! Ears all flat, too! You can't do this!”
- “Those guys didn't give me some fire right away! I was this close from letting that lizard venom run through my whole body! I'm gonna get my revenge!”
- “Let's go! Our family will be first in the race!”
- “It won't reach me, you dumbass! I'll charge in and rip your guts out!”
- “I... I think I might die, Dad! That bastard, I'll make him pay! I'll get my revenge!”
- “A-ha! Now I understand what Dad's thinking! That's definitely a surefire way!”
- “Uhm... Dad? I'm kinda getting chills and everything's blurry. I don't think I'm all right.”