Skeleton Heel Stone
The Skeleton Heel Stone (骸骨の踵石 Gaikotsu no Kakato Ishi) is a large ancient stone arena featured in Battle Tendency. Situated 10 Roman miles from St. Moritz (Switzerland), at the foot of Piz Bernina, it was chosen by Wamuu as the final battleground between him and Joseph Joestar.
In the ancient times, the coliseum was built so the people would look at the stars. It later became an arena for death matches, particularly chariot races, similar to Roman gladiatorial duels.
Points of Interest
The arena is an antique stone circle with a large torch in the center and four pillars surrounding it with only one column along the route. Spectators are seated around the arena in a tiered arrangement. The torch is situated in the middle where a track for chariot races surrounds it, measuring up to 960 meters for a single lap. As per tradition, a weapon is attached at the pillars after every lap, in which the warriors race to grab it to their advantage.
Kars and Lisa Lisa agree to bet the Red Stone of Aja in a chariot race at this location, in which Joseph and Wamuu must fight until one dies. Because of the arena's stone tracks, Joseph gains a minor advantage as a head start by blocking Wamuu's chariot wheels with stones. Later on, after a long battle, Joseph's chariot is destroyed along with Wamuu's and they are both forced to fight on the ground. Joseph's cunning and tricks assist him in defeating Wamuu and emerging victorious.
Piz Berlina Ruins
According to Kars, in ancient times, after thanking their gods for their victory, warriors of the arena came to the Piz Berlina Temple Ruins (ピッツ ベルリナ山神殿遺跡 Pissu Berurina-san Shinden Iseki) to drink the blood of the fallen and feast on their bodies.
After the battle with Wamuu, Kars and Lisa Lisa prepare to fight in the Piz Berlina Ruins. Here, Kars deceives Lisa Lisa and leaves her badly wounded, proceeding to use her as a hostage to wile Joseph. Joseph subsequently manages to save Lisa Lisa and 'defeats' Kars.
Chapters / Episodes
- Chapter 96: The Wind, the Chariot, and Wamuu, Part 2
- Chapter 97: The Wind, the Chariot, and Wamuu, Part 3
- Chapter 98: The Wind, the Chariot, and Wamuu, Part 4
- Chapter 99: The Wind, the Chariot, and Wamuu, Part 5
- Chapter 100: The Wind, the Chariot, and Wamuu, Part 6
- Chapter 101: The Wind, the Chariot, and Wamuu, Part 7
- Chapter 102: The Wind, the Chariot, and Wamuu, Part 8
- Chapter 103: The Wind, the Chariot, and Wamuu, Part 9
- Chapter 104: The Warrior Returns to the Wind
- Chapter 105: The Bond That Binds Lisa Lisa and JoJo, Part 1
- Chapter 106: The Bond That Binds Lisa Lisa and JoJo, Part 2
- Chapter 107: JoJo: The Final Ripple, Part 1
- Chapter 108: JoJo: The Final Ripple, Part 2
- Episode 21: The Hundred vs. Two Strategy
- Episode 22: A True Warrior
- Episode 23: The Warrior Returns to the Wind
- Episode 24: The Bond That Binds JoJo
All-Star Battle (PS3)
- Stage Gimmick: Vampire Horses charge through the players, circling the arena an unlimited number of times.
- Situation Finish: If hit towards the bonfire in the center of the stage, Vampire Horses trample the loser to death.
All-Star Battle R (Various)
- The location of the stone circle is a reference to the actual Piz Bernina, the highest mountain of the Eastern Alps.
- ↑ Chapter 98: The Wind, the Chariot, and Wamuu, Part 4
- ↑ Chapter 105: The Bond That Binds Lisa Lisa and JoJo, Part 1