JOESTAR The Inherited Soul
As an overall celebration of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure anime, 'JOESTAR The Inherited Soul' was an exclusive event that featured the voice actors of each of the JoJo protagonists thus far. This includes Kazuyuki Okitsu, Tomokazu Sugita, Daisuke Ono, Yuki Ono, and Kensho Ono.
Global streaming was announced on March 18. The live streaming area with automated English subtitles included the USA, Singapore, Thailand, South Korea, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan, while the streaming area with Chinese subtitles was exclusive to Mainland China.
To serve as a countdown prior to the event, a web radio program named JOESTAR RADIO was released every week starting from November 8, 2020. The podcast featured voice actors from each season of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure TV anime.
JOESTAR The Inherited Soul was hosted by Chiaki Matsuzawa. The event began with commercials of upcoming Super Action Statues, Nendoroid, and other merchandise. Next, they discussed data related to the anime's production.
- It's been 3309 days since the anime's production began.
- 156 episodes have been produced so far (including Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan).
- There were 313 people involved in the cast.
- 2390 staff members have been involved with the anime.
- The anime has been shared in 200+ regions.
- 343 background music tracks for the anime were produced.
- The famous double consonants (ッ which is used to elongate a character's word) have been used in the anime's script 9,979 times.
Discussion and Live Dubbing
The voice actors talked about their time with other cast members. They watched their character's best scenes which fans voted for and then did a live dubbing of the top voted scene.
- Kazuyuki Okitsu dubbed Jonathan Joestar's final moments in the ship.
- Tomokazu Sugita dubbed the scene of Joseph Joestar reacting to Caesar Anthonio Zeppeli's death.
- Daisuke Ono dubbed the final scene of Jotaro Kujo defeating DIO.
- Yuki Ono dubbed the confrontation of Josuke Higashikata and Yoshikage Kira with Crazy Diamond punching Killer Queen.
- Kensho Ono dubbed the scene of Giorno Giovanna and Guido Mista defeating Ghiaccio.
In the end, Fairouz Ai came on stage and revealed that she is voicing Jolyne Cujoh in the upcoming JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean anime adaptation. A prerecorded video message from Hirohiko Araki regarding Part 6's anime adaptation was displayed.
To conclude the event, TOMMY arrived on stage and sang the first opening of the anime series, JoJo ~Sono Chi no Sadame~.
- The event took place on the same day as Jonathan Joestar's birthday, as well as the day Episode 1 of Stardust Crusaders first aired in Japan.