Beach Boy (ビーチ・ボーイ Bīchi Bōi) is the Stand of Pesci, featured exclusively in the fifth part of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series, Vento Aureo.
Taking the form of a fishing pole with an endless line that Pesci has complete control over, its ability to reflect damage and detect life energy makes it useful for combat and reconnaissance.
The Stand appears as a fishing pole with the words 'BEACH BOY' written on top (omitted in the TV Anime). Its skull-shaped reel represents death.
Pesci summons Beach Boy from the center of his palm.
Despite its innocuous appearance, Beach Boy is a remarkably deadly Stand at both long and short range.
It can kill someone by shredding their heart with its intangible hook and is also nearly impossible to defend against. Pesci's masterful manipulation made Bucciarati deem it even more dangerous than Prosciutto's already formidable The Grateful Dead.
As a fishing rod, Beach Boy is not suited for power, but its deadly sharp hook means Pesci can use it as a dangerous whip. The line can also break someone's neck or choke them.
Hook and Line
Beach Boy's signature ability is to phase its line and hook through any object, including walls or flesh.
Pesci skillfully uses his fishing rod to search for a target through obstacles and, like a fisherman, ensnares them when his hook makes contact. He is then free to reel in his catch or even tear through the whole body by wildly moving the hook but prefers to phase the hook through his catch's body to reach a vital organ and cut it from the inside for a sure-fire kill.
Beach Boy's pulling strength is only as strong as Pesci's own arm strength, but the catch will quickly tire themselves trying to pull on the highly elastic line.
Should Pesci drop Beach Boy, its abilities will be canceled, and the hook and line will disappear.
By hiding the hook inside a chosen object, Pesci can use Beach Boy to bait and catch people by surprise.
Extreme Line Sensitivity
Beach Boy's line is extremely sensitive and transmits information to the rod handle for Pesci to sense.
Beach Boy's hook and the line can sense lifeforms and are accurate enough to tell Pesci the number of people inside a given room and transmit the vibration of a heartbeat. Furthermore, by analyzing the vibrations and strength of the pull on the line, Pesci can accurately guess which body part he hooks, the catch's weight, position and actions to the centimeter.
Beach Boy's string cannot be destroyed by any usual means, as any damage inflicted to the string will instead affect the one hooked on it. It is thus impossible to destroy the string once it is hooked into an object or person. This property is a derivation of the line's intangibility: although it will phase through any object, the shock of any attack is transmitted into the catch's body. If a Stand attacks the line, the effects of the attacking Stand's ability is will be applied to the hooked victim instead.
Chapters / Episodes
- Chapter 487: Express Train to Florence, Part 2
- Chapter 488: The Grateful Dead, Part 1
- Chapter 489: The Grateful Dead, Part 2
- Chapter 490: The Grateful Dead, Part 3
- Chapter 491: The Grateful Dead, Part 4
- Chapter 492: The Grateful Dead, Part 5
- Chapter 493: The Grateful Dead, Part 6
- Chapter 494: The Grateful Dead, Part 7
- Chapter 495: The Grateful Dead, Part 8
- Chapter 496: The Grateful Dead, Part 9
- Chapter 497: The Grateful Dead, Part 10
- Chapter 498: The Grateful Dead, Part 11
- Chapter 499: The Grateful Dead, Part 12 (Death)
- GW Episode 14: Express Train to Florence
- GW Episode 15: The Grateful Dead, Part 1
- GW Episode 16: The Grateful Dead, Part 2 (Death)
- GW Episode 21.5: determinazione
- GW Episode 28.5: destino
- ↑ JOJOVELLER: Araki's Stand Commentaries - Beach Boy
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Chapter 487: Express Train to Florence, Part 2
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Chapter 496: The Grateful Dead, Part 9
- ↑ Chapter 498: The Grateful Dead, Part 11
- ↑ Chapter 499: The Grateful Dead, Part 12
- ↑ Chapter 497: The Grateful Dead, Part 10
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Chapter 489: The Grateful Dead, Part 2
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 Chapter 490: The Grateful Dead, Part 3
- ↑ Volume 53, in-between chapters Stand stats, Chapter 492: The Grateful Dead, Part 5
- ↑ Chapter 495: The Grateful Dead, Part 8