Gold Experience Requiem
It is a humanoid Stand resembling an evolved Gold Experience and has the ability to turn everything back to "zero". This Stand is the evolved 'Requiem' form of Gold Experience, created when pierced by the Stand-creating Arrow.
Gold Experience Requiem is a humanoid Stand of a height and build similar to Giorno's. Many of its features resemble the original Gold Experience, including the ladybugs on its hands and the oblong grooves across its body. Its head extends into pointed tips with the back of the head hollow, giving it the appearance of a crown or a flower that's grown up and bloomed. Its eyes have a unique design among Stands, with the 'eyeballs' embedded in cross-like structure within slanted sockets. It has an extended ridge collar on the back of its neck and several indentations and various other patterns covering its body.
When it first appears, it wears the Arrow on its forehead; which eventually falls to the ground.
Gold Experience Requiem possesses a rather mechanical and polite tone, akin to a robot and similar to other Stands capable of speech. It speaks to Diavolo in the erased time normally occupied only by him and his Stand King Crimson, explaining that it is able to operate independently of Giorno's consciousness.
Gold Experience Requiem is aware of the fact that not even Giorno knows what its ability is, and confidently states that no other Stand ability can ever oppose it. The Stand counters the idea of Diavolo's arbitrarily-chosen "reality" (the outcomes of King Crimson's ability) by ominously telling him that he himself will never reach truth at the hands of its own power.
Gold Experience Requiem is a self aware close-range Requiem Stand that boasts an incredible increase in both speed and destructive power compared to its previous form. It also wields the arcane power of reverting anything to "zero", effectively undoing their actions; a power that trumps even the time erasure/nullification of King Crimson.
Gold Experience Requiem is capable of flicking a stone fast enough that it ceases to be visible to the human eye, and has enough power behind it to penetrate through a hand and destroy part of a building.
As it has an attack power exceeding existing Stands as of the end of Part 5, it is stated to be the Ultimate Stand (究極のスタンド Kyūkyoku no Sutando). It is impossible to compare Gold Experience Requiem's stats using the same measures as other Stands.
Return to Zero
Gold Experience Requiem's ultimate ability is to revert actions and willpower directed against Giorno back to the state of "zero", completely nullifying them and preventing them from becoming "real". Hence, it is virtually invincible, as all "supposed" actions created by an opponent would have been reset (back to point zero). Once struck by this effect, there is no escape from it, and the opponent will have every action they perform reverted back to "zero". It is mentioned by Giorno himself that he is unsure of the exact workings and limits of GER's powers, but it has been shown that its range of influence extends from surface contact to even being in the mere attention field of GER.
If the opponent is hit as the result of an attack by Gold Experience Requiem, then they will also continuously experience death, as they will die but repeatedly return to point "zero": the point immediately before the process of death (i.e Diavolo's endless death loops). Through this ability, GER creates a new "truth", as it calls it, for Diavolo as a form of poetic justice for the many times the mob boss has manipulated reality to his advantage with King Crimson.
Despite its transformation, Gold Experience Requiem appears to have not only retained its life-giving abilities after evolving, but said abilities are noted to be vastly more potent compared to the original Gold Experience. This is demonstrated briefly when Requiem fires a small stone at high-speed with enough power to pierce Diavolo's hand, before it transforms into four scorpions that attack him.
- “You will not go anywhere... especially not reality!”
- “This is... "Requiem"!! (コレが………『レクイエム』…………ダ！！Kore ga... "Rekuiemu"... da!!)”
- “Yes, what you see is indeed reality. Your ability indeed sees the actions that we will actually perform. However, you will never arrive at the reality that will occur. None who stand before me shall ever do so. No matter what abilities they may wield! This is Gold Experience Requiem!”
- “Not even my master, Giorno Giovanna, knows of this. (コノコトハワタシを親ルジョルノ・ジョバァーナさえも知ルハコトハナイKono koto wa watashi o oya ru Joruno Jobana saemo shiru wa koto wa nai)”
- In All Star Battle, Gold Experience Requiem functions normally under the time-accelerating effect of Made in Heaven and Giorno remains immune to the slowing effect as long as he has Requiem active.
- According to an Animation booklet released alongside the Blu-Rays of Golden Wind, Gold Experience Requiem was originally supposed to pose alongside Giorno in the third version of Uragirimono no Requiem, but this was ultimately scrapped from the final version.