Metallica (メタリカ Metarika) is the Stand of Risotto Nero, featured in the fifth part of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series, Vento Aureo.
Metallica is a swarm of worm-like Stands that inhabit Risotto Nero's body, granting him the ability to control the iron within and around him. This ability is particularly deadly in combat, as it extends to the iron in the bodies of organisms.
Metallica manifests itself inside Risotto's body as a swarm of small metallic beings with stitches across their bodies. Their mouths are shaped as though they are moaning or screaming. The Stand's design is based on human cells, red blood cells and the hattifatteners from the Moomin series.
Metallica's immobile nature prevents it from attacking on its own, though it can stick onto other Stands. The magnetic power the Stand produces, however, is lethal in the right hands. Risotto is capable of using his magnetic ability to the fullest, particularly during assassinations.
Metallica has the ability to freely manipulate the iron around him using magnetism. The Stand is most effective when used 5 to 10 meters away from Risotto, where it has enough precision to form objects with the iron from another person's body.
Risotto prominently uses his ability to turn the iron inside a target into sharp objects such as razor blades, needles, and scissors in order to internally damage them and drain them of their iron. Metallica can also use the iron inside its user to manipulate severed body parts and create staples to reattach them.
Metallica is capable of sticking fine particles of iron onto Risotto's body, causing him to reflect light and blend into the scenery behind him. This ability also applies to Risotto's blood, as shown when Risotto is shot by Aerosmith, causing his blood to splatter onto Vinegar Doppio's head and seemingly create a hole in it. Metallica can also manipulate the iron in the environment to form objects, as is shown when he forms knives from the ground and hurls them at Doppio.
The use of iron from within a target's body dramatically diminishes the amount of hemoglobin inside them, reducing the blood's ability to carry oxygen throughout the body. The body will thus suffocate and become unable to function, eventually facing death if the victim doesn't replenish their iron in time. This factor enables Risotto to simply wait for his opponent to die.
Chapters / Episodes
- Chapter 543: My Name Is Doppio, Part 2
- Chapter 544: King Crimson vs. Metallica, Part 1
- Chapter 545: King Crimson vs. Metallica, Part 2
- Chapter 546: King Crimson vs. Metallica, Part 3
- Chapter 547: King Crimson vs. Metallica, Part 4
- Chapter 548: King Crimson vs. Metallica, Part 5 (Death)
- GW Episode 18: Head to Venice! (Ability only)
- GW Episode 26: A Little Story From the Past ~My Name Is Doppio~ (Ability only)
- GW Episode 27: King Crimson vs. Metallica
- GW Episode 28: Beneath a Sky on the Verge of Falling (Death)
- GW Episode 28.5: destino
- Purple Haze Feedback Chapter 6: fantasia siciliana (Mentioned only)
- Metallica is used as a loading animation in All-Star Battle, shown emitting its cry of "Looooooaaaad" from the manga.
- The Stand's cry of "Loooooooaaaaaad" may be a reference to the Metallica album of the same name.
- ↑ JOJO A-GO!GO!: STANDS, p.104
- ↑ JOJOVELLER: Araki's Stand Commentaries - Metallica
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Chapter 548: King Crimson vs. Metallica, Part 5
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Chapter 545: King Crimson vs. Metallica, Part 2
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Chapter 547: King Crimson vs. Metallica, Part 4
- ↑ Chapter 543: My Name Is Doppio, Part 2
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Chapter 544: King Crimson vs. Metallica, Part 1
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 Chapter 546: King Crimson vs. Metallica, Part 3