The mansion had been the residence of British aristocrats for generations, but is burned down as a consequence of the fight between Jonathan Joestar and Dio.
The Joestar Mansion is a three-story building made out of bricks in typical Victorian fashion, resembling manors in the Queen Anne style. It is flanked by two lesser buildings of unknown use. The residence is surrounded by a brick wall. The main entrance is led up to by parallel sets of stairs. The doors open to a great hall with a recognizable chessboard-pattern tiling from which one set of stairs leads to the upper levels. The rooms include a bedroom for each resident, a dining room and a library.
The mansion is luxuriously decorated with carpets and sets of weapons and suits of armor. Its most distinctive decoration is a Statue of the Goddess of Love in the main hall, which served to impale Dio and imprison him in the burning mansion. The anime added a fountain to the exterior. An incinerator is situated in the back of the mansion, which was notoriously exploited by Dio to kill Jonathan's dog, Danny.
After Dio rejects his humanity, Jonathan sets fire to the Joestar Mansion, burning it to the ground in the hopes that it would kill the vampire. In the anime adaptation it is shown that George Joestar II, Elizabeth Joestar and their baby Joseph used to live in a mansion which is quite similar to the Joestar Mansion.
Chapters / Episodes
- Main article: JORGE JOESTAR (Novel)
The Joestar Mansion appears in the novel JORGE JOESTAR. Lisa Lisa briefly visits the ruins of the mansion. When Erina Joestar, George and Penelope de la Rosa move to England, Erina has the mansion rebuilt with the help of Robert E. O. Speedwagon and the three all go live there. The novel adds that the mansion's town is named "Wastewood".
In 1920, George Joestar and Elizabeth "Lisa Lisa" Straizo get married and the wedding is organized at the mansion. When Penelope creates a "locked room" over England, the mansion becomes a refuge for Erina, Lisa Lisa, Joseph and Penelope, with Penelope's Wound protecting the building from zombies.
The Joestar Mansion is a stage that can be battled on in Eyes of Heaven.
- Stage Gimmick 1: When players are close to broken windows, Zombies can grab and hurt them and leave them open to attacks.
- Stage Gimmick 2: Throughout the match, the raging fires will grow in intensity and cause harm.
- Situation Finish: Loser is thrown onto the Love Goddess's statue, recreating Dio's first defeat.
- The mansion is modeled after the Governor's Palace in Williamsburg, Virginia, United States.
- According to the map found in JoJo 6251, the mansion is located on the outskirts of London, though this contradicts the address found on Dario Brando's letter.