White Album (ホワイト・アルバム Howaito Arubamu) is the Stand of Ghiaccio, featured in the fifth part of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series, Vento Aureo.
Taking the form of a suit protecting Ghiaccio, it allows the assassin to rapidly freeze anything he touches.
White Album takes the form of a light-colored suit, covering nearly all of Ghiaccio's body except for a small opening at the back of his neck, allowing air flow.
Its head bears two short cones, positioned somewhat like cat ears. It has a spiral on its forehead, which along with its cheeks pushes a clear visor into a Y-shaped fork, showing only Ghiaccio's eyes, nose, and mouth.
Its feet stand on long blades, in the style of ice skates (or speed skates).
White Album is rare among Stands in that it appears as a suit for Ghiaccio to wear. Protecting its user from harm and giving him the powerful ability to freeze everything, White Album is a fearsome Stand in battle. It does, however, possess a weak point in the form of a vulnerable hole at Ghiaccio's neck.
White Album's signature ability is to dramatically decrease the temperature of anything Ghiaccio touches.
When the assassin touches something, the affected object's temperature decreases dramatically. White Album's power is so powerful it can reach temperatures of about -100 °C easily, freeze gasoline, and rapidly create a large quantity of ice out of seawater (faster than someone could swim). Naturally, the cold is dangerous to the human body: White Album can freeze people, dropping the temperature to the point vital functions are threatened and can solidify limbs to the point they can break like ice.
As White Album drops the temperature, so does the ability of objects to move. At low enough temperatures, Ghiaccio can simply stop attacks in their tracks, making conventional attacks like gunshots or punches ineffective.
Ghiaccio can also precisely control his power. He can form specific shapes of ice such as blades to ice skate on or redirect the freezing of a large body of water. Moreover, if he cancels White Album's freezing willingly, the previously affected objects immediately return to their normal temperature. If Ghiaccio stops contact with a frozen object, it will return to its normal temperature.
Ice ArmorWhite Album can solidify the moisture surrounding him into an armor of ice. as it stops their movement long before they fully penetrate, and is at least strong enough to withstand Gold Experience's punches. However, a massive enough object like a large screw bolt can pierce through it and if Ghiaccio trips on something sharp, his armor's weight is enough to push the sharp object through the layers and threaten Ghiaccio's life.
White Album also enhances the physical abilities of its user. With the armor, Ghiaccio becomes strong enough to break a stone statue with a single punch or can skate so fast he's easily able to reach a car running at 80 km/h. Like an igloo, the inside of the armor is kept insulated, meaning he is always warm.
The only opening in the armor is an air hole on the back of the user's neck, making it the Stand's greatest weak spot. However, Ghiaccio can completely cancel this weakness by sealing the air hole and freezing the air solid to absorb the chunks of frozen air into his armor then return them to a normal temperature to breathe the fresh air.
Chapters / Episodes
- Chapter 508: Venice's Santa Lucia Station - Get the "OA-Disc"!
- Chapter 509: White Album, Part 1
- Chapter 510: White Album, Part 2
- Chapter 511: White Album, Part 3
- Chapter 512: White Album, Part 4
- Chapter 513: White Album, Part 5
- Chapter 514: White Album, Part 6
- Chapter 515: White Album, Part 7 (Death)
- GW Episode 18: Head to Venice!
- GW Episode 19: White Album (Death)
- GW Episode 21.5: determinazione
- GW Episode 28.5: destino
- Araki stated that he created White Album after being inspired to create an opponent that "would skate down a road" to attack.
- ↑ "White Album" is a very common nickname used by fans to refer to the album.
- ↑ 
- ↑ JOJO A-GO!GO!: STANDS, p.104
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Chapter 509: White Album, Part 1
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 Chapter 510: White Album, Part 2
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Chapter 511: White Album, Part 3
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Chapter 514: White Album, Part 6
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Chapter 512: White Album, Part 4
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Chapter 513: White Album, Part 5
- ↑ Volume 55, in-between chapters Stand stats, Chapter 513: White Album, Part 5
- ↑ JOJOVELLER: Araki's Stand Commentaries - White Album