This page will act as a basic style guide for editing and creating articles. Aside from special cases, all the requirements and rules found on this page must be followed. As such, users will need to read and familiarize themselves with the following in order to contribute to articles.
If followed correctly, this manual will act as guidelines to maintain and organize articles in a way that would harmonize the basic layout of each page and eliminate dispute between users regarding the content. The information below should not be added to or altered without proper consensus. Any questions, suggestions or complaints regarding these rules can be placed in the Talk Page.
||Regarding Canonical Characters:|
Any character from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, whether it be from the manga, related one-shots, anime, light novels, or videogames, may be permitted to have their own character page if they apply to the following:
- Must be involved in the storyline. If the character did not interact with anyone or say anything (including events in the past, future or alternate dimension), they do not deserve their own page.
- Has been referred to by name. Characters who were featured, but not given names belong in the Unnamed Characters section.
- Has appeared in the story for a significant amount of time. In the case of manga, a character who's only appeared or mentioned in a few panels and is not relevant to the current plot, is more than likely not permitted. Characters such as this go in the Minor Characters section. This of course may change if the character is mentioned or brought back again in a later part of the story.
Regarding Off-series Characters:
This includes any characters featured in Hirohiko Araki's other works not related to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. These characters may have their own pages if:
- They are one of the main protagonists/antagonists of their story.
- They are a fictional character. In other words, characters like the ones in The Lives of Eccentrics do not apply.
Some exceptions may be made, depending on the importance of the character. If there is enough controversy, characters can be discussed in the Articles Section of the Forums.
||Much like the character pages, stands may also have their own pages, though the criteria is a lot more straightfoward:
- The Stand must have been named. Clearly put, if the stand is not named, it goes in the Unnamed Stands section.
||Any Location may have its own page as long as it has:
- A name that was stated at some point in the series
- Enough information in it regarding it's layout and relevance to the story.
Real life places do not apply, unless they differ significantly in the story. Otherwise, linking to their Wikipedia article is preferred.
||These are other pages that can be created:|
- Fighting Styles
- Groups (Must have canonical name)
- Items that serve a purpose in the series and are related to the series
||Being an English based Wiki, all edits on articles are expected to be done in English. (The only exception being names written in the original Japanese, placed next to their English counterparts using the Nihongo Template.) This applies to forum posts, blogs or talk pages as well, though User Message Walls are allowed. If a users second language is English and they are not apprised of correct grammar and sentence structure we can only ask that you have someone check over your edits before or after posting them. Edits that are illegible in English will unfortunately have to be deleted. For those wishing to edit in other languages, several other JoJo Wiki's can be found at the very bottom of the Main Page.
Note: To be more specific, this wiki will be using American English . This will help prevent misconception and conflict between users.
||Trivia should be legit, interesting facts that don't belong in any other section, though are still relevant to the article. Information from Pop Culture is permitted, but fan speculation should be generally avoided.
||The talk page is for conversations regarding maintenance and article correctness only. General conversations, questions and speculations are to be only placed in forums.
- Quotes can be placed at the start of a character's page, given they have something unique to say.
- A quote in a character page's quotes section should reflect a character's personality, and would typically not have been said by another person given the same situation. This does not apply to certain characters with similar battle cry's.
- In general, do not add speculation or ambiguous information to the article pages. Predictions of future events or theories should be avoided, though are allowed in forum, blog or user pages. While certain types of information may be permitted given enough evidence, any that instigate some form of controversy that can not be resolved are not.
- In addition, do not add content to article pages that would be labeled as misinformation. Japanese titles or Nihongo should not be added to characters or pages that have a tentative, unofficial name. A tentative article name may be given (in English) to an important page and/or character until one is officially given. Said tentative article name must be agreed upon through discussion.
- Spoilers constitute any information unconfirmed by an official source.
- Spoilers of unreleased chapters should be avoided until they are officially released. In JoJolion's case, this is usually the 19th of every month. (GMT+9)
- Spoilers of unreleased anime episodes (including Opening and Ending songs) should be avoided until they are officially released. Currently, this is the Friday of every week. (8:30 PDT)
- Any other JoJo-related information requires evidence in the form of a visual representation or link to a reputable source.
- For the most part, only the manga and works written by Hirohiko Araki established in the storyline are considered canon. Examples of canon information include the manga, art books, interviews, or one-shots.
- Non-canon information includes anime, games, and movies.
- Non-canon information can be posted on articles, however, it must be labeled as non-canon and separated from canon information.
- If there is a discrepancy between sources, remember that Original Manga <- Artbooks <- Interviews <- Anime <- Scanlators (depending on the reliability of the scanlator) <- Merchandise <- English Dubs (Such as Viz and FUNimation). (Original manga is the best source to use, then artbooks, etc.)
- Errors in statistics and dates are prevalent in the series, so decisions are based on most recent, but also consistent information. (Creating a difference between retcons and one-time inaccuracies.)
||The JoJo Wiki has several words that should be capitalized when used in articles. |
- Character Names
- Stand Names
- Group Names
- Chapter Names
- Episode Names
- Location Names
- Generally any proper noun
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (The second J is capitalized as well. Does not apply to the characters.)
- Stand Discs
- Stone Mask
- Pillar Men
The synopsis/history section of all articles should be written as if they are set in the JoJo Universe. Phrases such as "In XX episode" or "In Part XX" should generally be avoided.
- There is only one format to be used on the site, which a simple paragraph format. The formats of other styles including tiered or numbered styles are too complex and prone to disorder and are not supported here.
- Please refrain from adding ambiguous content to the articles. While there is possibly more reason to believe where the information is going to lead, until confirmed it is not supported. In other words while we as users may have a reason to logically believe where a story is going or what someone in the story will do, we in fact do not know until it has happened.
|Images & Videos
||For Information regarding the upload and use of Images in articles and the wiki in general, see: JoJo Wiki:Image Policy.
||Videos uploaded and added to articles should be relevant and help highlight concepts pertaining to the article. Videos should only be uploaded to articles written in Real-World Perspective, including:
- Video Game Articles
- Movie Articles
- Anime/OVA Articles
- Music Articles
- Merchandise Articles
- Generally anything in the Media section of the Navigation bar above
||When adding to articles in JJBA Wiki, all new information should be referenced with proper citations. Though most sources should come from the manga, other sources such the anime, artbooks, and interviews of Hirohiko Araki himself are permitted.
How to cite:
To cite content, simply add these to the end of the information that needs citing, supplying the appropriate info. The names of chapters can be found here.
- For Manga: <ref>''Chapter #: [[Chapter Name]]'' P. #</ref>
- E.g. <ref>''Chapter 116: [[The Evil Spirit's Identity]]''</ref>
- For Anime: <ref>''Episode 1: [[Episode Name]]''</ref>
- For Artbooks: <ref>''Artbook: [[Artbook Name]]'' P. #</ref>
- For outside links: <ref>[URL name of article or site]</ref>
- E.g. <ref>[https://www.google.com Google]</ref>>
- For anything else: <ref>''Reference here''</ref>
When multiple pieces of information share the same reference use:
- <ref name="Name">Manga: Chapter 1, P.1</ref>
The name can be anything, but should be relevant to the reference. if referencing a chapter, <ref name="C#"> is typically used, with # being the chapter number.
If the page doesn't already have one, include <references/>. This is where the references using the ref tag will appear.
||Information added to the Wiki should typically be phrased in the user's own words and not copy/pasted from other sites unless the original owner is properly credited.