Sleeping Slaves (眠れる奴隷 Nemureru Dorei) is the seventeenth and final volume of Vento Aureo and the sixty-third volume of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure manga. It covers the second half of the Diavolo Surfaces story arc, the Gold Experience Requiem story arc and the Sleeping Slaves story arc.
- 144 (583). Diavolo Surfaces, Part 4
- 145 (584). Diavolo Surfaces, Part 5
- 146 (585). King of Kings
- 147 (586). Gold Experience Requiem, Part 1
- 148 (587). Gold Experience Requiem, Part 2
- 149 (588). Gold Experience Requiem, Part 3
- 150 (589). Gold Experience Requiem, Part 4
- 151 (590). Epilogue: "Sleeping Slaves"
- 152 (591). Sleeping Slaves, Part 2
- 153 (592). Sleeping Slaves, Part 3
- 154 (593). Sleeping Slaves, Part 4
- 155 (594). Sleeping Slaves, Part 5
"The sequence" - the magnificence of music resides within the chord progression. Even Mozart once said to the Emperor that no note could be omitted from a piece. The human body is also made of a genetic sequence called DNA. Thus we cannot neglect the existence of that sequence of preestablished facts we call fate. But if everything is decided in advance by fate, we tend to think that the efforts we deploy everyday are vain. This is one of the point I have to consider when I tell a human epic. Is there a solution to that question?