Whitesnake possesses the ability to create illusions and extract two types of DISCs from a person's psyche which can then be inserted into someone else's head, allowing them to either see the DISC owner's memories or use their Stand.
Whitesnake is a humanoid Stand of a height and build similar to Pucci's. It is sparsely clothed in black, with a mask covering its face to the bottom of where its nose would be, in a piece that rises above its head by half its height in a row of peaks, like a crown. Its attire is based on Araki's image of an executioner. Its light skin is marked by horizontal stripes of roughly an inch's height, with "GΔCT" (after the four nucleobases of DNA) repeatedly written on every other stripe. Its irises are also unique, appearing as if they are melting.
Despite being controlled by Pucci, Whitesnake moves with its own sense of self-awareness and will often portray a cold, scornful, and hateful personality. It acts as Pucci's mouthpiece and avatar throughout Green Dolphin Street Prison, serving to enforce his dominance over the other guards and personnel while Pucci himself watches from afar.
As a long-distance Stand, Whitesnake possesses an extended range (about 20 meters), allowing its user, Enrico Pucci, to act undetected within the boundaries of Green Dolphin Street Prison. Despite this, it displays strength similar to that of close-range Stands and is capable of performing precise and deadly movements like stabbing Diver Down and Foo Fighters with its hands, due to having its own strong ego.
It's strong enough to fight Stands like Stone Free head-on, though not necessarily overpower them. Thus, Pucci relies on Whitesnake's esoteric set of powers to ambush enemies and take them down in one strike.
The stand is seemingly capable of controlling people's minds through direct contact. During Heavy Weather, Whitesnake takes control of Anasui's mind forcing him to guide Pucci through dangerous blood spikes. It's unclear whether this is a separate ability or an extension of DISC creation.
- Main article: DISC
Whitesnake can first and foremost extract a portion or the entirety of a person's psyche out of their bodies in the form of tangible DISCs and then put them into people. To do so, Whitesnake must touch its victim and take the time to physically "extract" the DISC from them; as such, partial extraction is ineffective.
There are two main types of DISCs: Memory DISCs contain a person's memory and Stand DISCs contain a person's Stand. DISCs may be inserted into another person's head, allowing them to either freely consult the memories inside or use the corresponding Stand, much like the original user. Pucci can use this mechanic to force a detrimental power into someone, for example putting a water-boiling Stand DISC inside Foo Fighters despite its dependency on the water to survive. In certain instances, those with inserted DISCs can eject them, presumably through enough force to the head.
People whose Stand and Memory DISCs are extracted will fall unconscious and may die, their bodily functions stopping and having to be maintained through machines. Putting a Memory DISC back inside their rightful owner will restore them, however, the same does not apply with Stand DISCs. A Stand User with only a Stand DISC can regain consciousness and be capable of learning, but the loss of their will to live results in muscle atrophy and eventual death of the body. Weather Report is an exception to this degradation for unknown reasons.
Whitesnake also demonstrates the ability to insert and extract DISCs of miscellaneous use. DISCs can contain instructions the host will instinctively obey without question, and enables them to do seemingly impossible feats like exploding, showcasing the power of suggestion over a physical body. Pucci has also inserted a music CD into Guccio's head, causing him to function as a music player. Whitesnake is shown to be able to extract senses, depriving Pucci of his sight, for instance, to protect him from Heavy Weather.
Whitesnake is born from Pucci's desire to preserve Perla's memories after her death, so this manifests into its ability to extract DISCs able to preserve the memories and soul of a person.
Melt Your Heart is Whitesnake's ability to produce an acid that slowly digests objects like stomach acid. It is first shown to constantly exude this acid and even take a partially molten form to hide, though this is only used once. While dissolving, targets of this attack are distracted in a delusional dream-state. A person trapped in the dream may wake up from it by noticing discrepancies between the dream and established reality. The melting portion of the ability requires a significant amount of time to use effectively, reflected in the "D" in its speed parameter. Later, Whitesnake is shown creating sophisticated illusions to disguise itself as other people, having at one point impersonated Weather Report to ambush the Joestar Group and approach the Green Baby.
- “You were one move... too late.. Jotaro Kujo.”
- “Being able to pass something on to someone... is an amazing thing. You said it yourself. In the meeting room. And you're exactly right... this is what I've wanted to steal from the very start! This is what I wanted to receiver from the invincible one! It's mine now! It is my Whitesnake's ability!”
- “The man who killed Kennedy ended his life this way too. I think his name was Lee Harvey Oswald? Dead men tell no tales. That's how history always works out.”
- “McQueen, that's what I like about you... I like you, I really do. At first glance, you look petty... but you're actually evil. McQueen, you have an evil that drags people down with you.”
- “McQueen... Truly... you are truly evil... You have no animosity. Animosity... Power moves towards animosity, and a stronger power will always come to crush animosity. Animosity will always be destroyed in the end. It's quite simple. But you're different. You neither possess animosity nor malice. You don't even want to cause anyone any problems. You think you're the victim, and even though you aren't interested in people, you're hoping that someone will come and save you someday. But that's what I mean by true evil. It's more evil than evil itself. It's true evil, which pulls people down into misfortune along with you. I really like you, McQueen. If you find one of my enemies in this prison, you'll be sure to clean them up and take them out for me...”
- “Just as the Earth has a proven 7 to 3 ratio between land and see, it is said that there is a definite number of living organisms on Earth... It can be said that as the population of humans increase, proportionally, an equal number of other organisms die out... Therefore, retaining the set number life that is allowed to live on Earth. But... if there was a way.. for one human being to possess those lives, those millions of lives... What do you think that person would be able to see? What does the future hold for that person.”
- “Your brain? Wherever your brain is... it's not for you to decide. I was the one who gave you your Stand ability... Smug plankton scum like you don't have the right to lecture me!”
- “The one who gave you your ability and your intellect was me! And now, I want it back, the Foo Fighters DISC.”
- “This bitch! She made Weather Report make it rain!”
Whitesnake also appears in the novel JORGE JOESTAR, although it belongs to an incarnation of Enrico Pucci from the 37th universe. Kars develops his own enhanced copy of the Stand, known as Whitesnake Ultimate.
- Whitesnake and C-Moon's voice actor in All Star Battle, Takuya Kirimoto, also voiced J. Geil/Hanged Man in the Part 3 TV Anime and Eyes of Heaven.