Devil's Palms (悪魔の手のひら Akuma no Tenohira), as featured in Steel Ball Run, house and/or emerge around each of the Saint Corpse Parts, in each of the locations Jesus gave on a map of North America to Joseph of Arimathea.
When Jesus died on the western coast of North America, a great storm and earthquake tore and reshaped the land, which divided his Corpse into 9 Parts that would be carried by animals and other forces of nature eastwards.
Carrying the Corpse Parts while migrating around the country and appearing in seemingly random places, Devil's Palms occasionally ensnare people, occasionally granting them Stands, or, still less often, a Corpse Part.
As the Boomboom Family explain, those passing through them are forever changed. Along with the Corpse Parts themselves, surviving a period in any of these locations seems to be the only way to develop a Stand. Johnny obtained his first Corpse Part from a Devil's Palm in Monument Valley, soon discovering his Stand Tusk, and Mountain Tim obtained his Stand in a similar location.
List of Devil's Palms
- Arizona Desert / Monument Valley: Containing the Left Arm
- Sugar Mountain (Tree/Stand), South-West of Milwaukee: Guarding the Ears and the Right Arm.
- Land near San Diego where Funny Valentine's unit got lost: Having the Heart.
- Top of a mountain in the Rocky Mountains: Containing the Left and Right Eyes.
- The meteorite described in reference to the first Devil's Palm mentioned may have been a reference to the meteorite from which the Stand Arrows were carved.
- SBR Chapter 67: D4C (4)
- JJL Chapter 99: The Wonder of You (The Miracle of Your Love), Part 16
- SBR Chapter 19: The Devil's Palm (2)
- SBR Chapter 46: The Land of Promises: Sugar Mountain (2) p.19
- SBR Chapter 67: D4C, Part 2, p.11