JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Episode 1 (OVA)
Jotaro Kujo refuses to leave his jail cell, believing that he is possessed by an evil spirit (later revealed to be a "Stand"). When Jotaro's mother, Holy, his grandfather Joseph Joestar and the mysterious Muhammad Avdol come to try to coax him out, a battle erupts between two Stands—Jotaro's "Star Platinum" and Avdol's "Magician's Red". Afterwards, the gang travel back to Jotaro's house where Joseph tells them the story of their ancestor, Jonathan Joestar and the Joestar family's fate against Jonathan's adopted brother and eternal enemy-DIO. Joseph demonstrates his Stand, Hermit Purple and hands Jotaro a spirit photo of DIO, informing the group of DIO's subsequent resurrection after his coffin was discovered in the ocean. Jotaro uses Star Platinum to scan the photo and uncovers a fly native to Egypt, a vital clue to finding DIO's lair, although he is still unconvinced by Joseph’s attempts to recruit him against the Vampire who has long eluded him.
Meanwhile, DIO drains a woman of her blood to begin recovering his strength while a mysterious young fortuneteller uses tarot cards to read the futures of the Joestar group.
|JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Episode 1 (OVA): The Evil Spirit|
- A flashback to Jonathan's last and ultimately fatal encounter with Dio where the latter steals his body is included in the opening credits.
- In the flashback, the zombie Wang Chan's hands are seen holding the case housing Dio's head as the ship burns. However, in the manga and anime, the ship is set on fire because Jonathan destroyed Wang Chan's head and caused his body to obstruct the engine.
- In the OVA, Dio uses his blood vessels to pierce Jonathan's neck. In the manga and anime, Dio mortally wounds him with Space Ripper Stingy Eyes.
- There is an added scene of Joseph's plane landing at Narita Airport.
- Instead of meeting up with Joseph at the airport, Holy meets up with him in front of the jail.
- Joseph learns of Jotaro's alleged "Evil Spirit" through a phone call with Holy instead of from her in person at the airport.
- Joseph is present in the scene where Jotaro grabs the guard's gun and shoots himself.
- A scene of Enya reading the fortunes of the Joestar group and naming their Stands is added.
- In addition, Enya is depicted in the disguise of a young woman rather than her normal form in the manga.
- The Joestars head to Jotaro's home after leaving prison and discuss the story of DIO there, whereas in the manga, this took place at a cafe.
- More explicit nudity is added during the scene where DIO drains a female slave of her blood.
- A scene from Chapter 121 where Star Platinum sees a fly in the photograph of DIO and draws it was moved to the middle of Chapter 117 for the OVA.