Yoshikage Kira ★ Video Games
A summary of Yoshikage Kira's history and movesets in video games.
All Star Battle (PS3)
Like many others, Kira makes his gaming debut in the PS3 title, playable as two distinct characters: His original form, with Killer Queen and Sheer Heart Attack; and his awakened form, with Killer Queen, Stray Cat, and Bites the Dust. This marks him as one of the only three characters with two incarnations, the others being Dio Brando and Joseph Joestar. Both versions of Kira are voiced by Rikiya Koyama, who previously voiced Will Anthonio Zeppeli once in the Phantom Blood game.
Both Kiras are part of the mass majority of playable characters in the game with the "Stand" Style, being able to turn Killer Queen on/off, changing movesets, and having access to the Stand Rush ability returning from the Capcom game, being able to attack in conjunction with their Stand.
If Yoshikage Kira battles "Kosaku Kawajiri", they will have a special dialogue before the fight, where the original Kira will remark how 'Kosaku'-Kira's aura is similar to his, and 'Kosaku'-Kira will be shocked to see his past self. If the original Kira wins, he remarks that only he should be making bombs. If 'Kosaku'-Kira wins, he wonders if the encounter was an after-effect of "Bites The Dust".
Kira's original form appears as a DLC character included with pre-orders and first edition prints of the original Japanese release of the game. For the overseas release in the US, pre-ordering the game from Club Namco would also get players a free download code for Kira, whilst for EU players, pre-ordering the game from any retailer in that region would get the player both Kira and Shigekiyo Yangu as well. Yoshikage Kira has 950 HP.
Kira's moveset primarily involves Killer Queen, and the use of powerful bombs and careful detonation. Utilizing a mix of ranged attacks and counters/reversals, Kira gives himself opportunities to unleash bombs that inflict immense damage, all while maintaining a good distance to keep himself safe from his own explosions.
'Kosaku'-Kira is included in the base game as the main antagonist of Part 4. In-game, he is consistently labelled "Kosaku Kawajiri" to differentiate him from his previous form. Kosaku Kira has 950 HP.
Along with Enrico Pucci, Hol Horse, Johnny Joestar, Koichi Hirose, and Giorno Giovanna, Kosaku is a character who can utilize more than one Stand during a match as part of his moves; He retains Killer Queen, but now possesses Stray Cat to assist him in battle with its air bubbles.
Kosaku's moveset involves usage of both Killer Queen and Stray Cat. His primary strategy is to unleash air bombs that are both versatile and dangerous, with an individual air bomb triggering large explosions that inflict massive amounts of single damage. Even when threatened by an approaching opponent, he can resort to other forms of Killer Queen's bombs. By using abilities that keep his opponent at bay, including a remote trap and a passive defensive skill, Kosaku gives himself opportunities to unleash his deadly bombs, all while maintaining a good distance to keep himself safe from his own explosions.
If Kosaku is defeated by Okuyasu, he'll whisper to himself that luck was supposed to be on his side.
Yoshikage Kira was confirmed for the game alongside Akira Otoishi, Shigekiyo Yangu. As a Stand User, Kira is one of many characters with wildly varied abilities that grant him uniqueness in battle. Most of his animations and moveset were reused from the previous game.
- Style Action - The First Bomb!: The action performed is determined by whether or not there is a bomb active. If an object or opponent is currently a bomb, Killer Queen detonates them, doing moderate damage in a small area, and doing more damage to the primary target. An opponent can even be detonated when downed, provided they are not invincible. If there is no bomb active, Killer Queen strikes a pose, and then performs an unblockable downward chop, dealing medium damage to an opponent while also charging them as an unblockable bomb. Only one thing can be charged as a bomb at any given time, so if a bomb is already active, certain attacks that release or charge bombs will not do so. Sheer Heart Attack does not influence this rule. Also, instead of throwing or breaking larger stage objects, Killer Queen is able to charge them as contact bombs that can also be detonated at will; Kira cannot perform this if a bomb is already active.
- Bomb Transformation Icon: A small Killer Queen skull icon on the right side of Kira's health bar shows whether or not he currently has a bomb charged. If it is darkened, no bomb is active.
- Trait - Perfect! Nobody can stop me!: If Kira takes no damage within the first 15 counts of the battle timer, he temporarily gains extra defense, as well as increased cooldown speed and stamina regeneration.
- Sheer Heart Attack: Killer Queen sends out its second bomb, Sheer Heart Attack to blow up enemies. SHA will home in on a target, and deals damage to anything in a small area, including Kira and/or his partner, when it detonates. It leaps at its target when it attacks, and successful or not, it will then be left overturned and lay harmless on the ground for a few seconds. It will detonate as many times as it can before its duration expires and it's forced to return to Killer Queen, which also interrupts Kira. Notably, Sheer Heart Attack homes onto the hottest thing in the area, and its explosion size is proportional to the heat (e.g. characters like Esidisi and Muhammad Avdol have fire-based attacks that will become SHA's priority, causing a larger explosion and dealing more damage). The same applies to the Joestar Mansion map when it begins to burn down, and Echoes ACT2's "sizzle" SFX at Boing-Boing Cape. SHA has unique interactions with other characters.
- Similar to All Star Battle, if Koichi's Echoes ACT3 performs any skill that inflicts the 3 Freeze effect ("Heavy"), SHA will be weighed down and temporarily unable to move.
- If SHA comes into contact with the erased space generated by Okuyasu Nijimura's The Hand, it will be erased itself, and Kira will take a medium amount of damage. SHA can still be reused after this.
- You bastard!: Killer Queen unleashes a barrage of 12 punches, sending opponents caught flying on the final hit. If no bomb is active, the final hit also charges the target as one. This ability can be overpowered by any other close-ranged Stand.
- Anything I touch...turns into a bomb.: Killer Queen flicks forward a coin charged with the first bomb, bouncing a few times and indicated by a small shine on the ground. The coin can act as a projectile that deals small damage until it stops moving, and can also only be detonated when it does so. If a bomb is already active, the coin remains a simple projectile that is unable to be detonated.
- Killer Queen: Killer Queen moves its hands about faster than the eye can process, blocking any non-projectile and non-DHA attack. If an opponent triggers the counter, Kira Sidesteps with invincibility, avoiding damage. This also has the effect of filling the Dual Heat Gauge by a considerable amount. The in-game description erroneously describes the skill as being able to turn opponents that trigger the counter into bombs, as well as having an EX version that "activates quicker and uses an enhanced bomb" despite it not being among Kira's two EX skills. This could be describing an earlier version of the skill that was changed to its current form before the game's release.
- EX - You Bastard!: This skill executes quicker, and the bomb charged on the final hit creates a larger explosion, dealing more damage and having more range.
- EX - Anything I touch...turns into a bomb.: Kira can act faster out of the skill, and the bomb charged creates a larger explosion, dealing more damage and having more range.
- Dual Heat Attack - I'm going to blow you to smithereens!: Killer Queen punches the opponent to the floor, before Kira and it strike a pose. Charging its power, the Stand chops the downed opponent, turning them into a bomb, then Kira takes a step back and annihilates them with a single, massive explosion.
- I'm going to blow you to smithereens!: Kira must connect his Style Action's attack 3 times. (200 Points)
- Killer Queen has already touched the door knob...: Kira must charge a stage object as a bomb 3 times. (200 Points)
- All I want is to live peacefully.: Kira must survive the first 20 counts of the battle timer without taking damage. (300 Points)
- I never fail to eliminate my targets...: Kira must Retire an opponent with "Sheer Heart Attack". (500 Points)
- Tonight...I'm going to sleep better than I have in a long time...: Kira must Retire an opponent without losing a single health gauge. (800 Points)
If Kira is matched with Kosaku-Kira, the latter will comment on how he's on Kira's side, only for Kira to wonder how Kosaku-Kira knows his identity. Kira also has special interactions with all the Part 4 protagonists.
He is paired with Old Joseph Joestar in the Eyes of Heaven tournament, defeating Josuke and Johnny Joestar in the first round. They were eliminated by Bruno Bucciarati and Trish Una in the second round, whom beforehand, won the F Block series of battles that allowed them to be matched against Kira and Old Joseph within the main tournament.
"Kosaku" was confirmed for the game along with Rohan and Okuyasu. As a Stand User, Kosaku is one of many characters with wildly varied abilities that grant him uniqueness in battle. Like in All Star Battle, Kosaku relies much more heavily on ranged attacks than the original Kira, using Killer Queen to turn Stray Cat's air bubbles into projectile bombs.
- Style Action - The First Bomb!: The action performed is determined by whether or not there is a bomb active. If an object or opponent is currently a bomb, Killer Queen detonates them, doing moderate damage in a small area, and doing more damage to the primary target. An opponent can even be detonated when downed, provided they are not invincible. If there is no bomb active, Killer Queen strikes a pose, and then performs an unblockable downward chop, dealing medium damage to an opponent while also charging them as an unblockable bomb. Only one thing can be charged as a bomb at any given time, so if a bomb is already active, certain attacks that release or charge bombs will not do so. Also, instead of throwing or breaking stage objects, Killer Queen is able to charge them as contact bombs that can also be detonated at will; Kosaku cannot perform this if a bomb is already active. Unlike the original Kira, Killer Queen cannot pick up any stage objects, only charge them.
- Bomb Transformation Icon: A small Killer Queen skull icon on the right side of Kosaku's health bar shows whether or not he currently has a bomb charged. If it is darkened, no bomb is active.
- Trait - Stray Cat: Stray Cat itself is the source of nearly all of Kosaku's abilities. If Kosaku receives too much damage or if Okuyasu's "I'll chip away at space!" Style Action is used to pull him closer, then Stray Cat comes out of Killer Queen's abdominal compartment, disallowing the use of any ability except 'This stone is a bomb!', until Stray Cat is retrieved from the ground. When retrieving Stray Cat, Kosaku receives a phone call from his boss, and is invincible while Killer Queen places Stray Cat back into its abdomen.
- Contact Bomb: Killer Queen fires an unblockable air bomb that can automatically explode on touch, requiring no manual detonation and allowing Kosaku to move after a short delay once launched. If the activating input is held, the air bomb can be charged to increase its size as well as the explosion's damage and range, in exchange for speed. The air bomb has homing capabilities, but will explode on contact with anything. Kosaku is even able to fire and even charge this bomb in the air, suspending him in mid-air until the air bomb is released. If a bomb is already active, the bubble cannot be detonated but will instead act as a projectile, dealing small damage on contact then popping. If "The Man in the Photos" is active, the homing capabilities of air bombs are given a large boost.
- Impact Ignition Bomb: Killer Queen fires an air bomb that must be manually detonated. These bombs deal more damage than Contact Bombs. However, they slowly decrease in size until disappearing, Kosaku cannot move when this bomb is out, and he loses control of the bomb if hit (he may still detonate it afterward). If the activating input is held, the air bomb can be charged to increase its size as well as the explosion's damage and range, in exchange for speed. If the skill is inputted again while Kosaku is controlling the air bomb, he will use his math skills to correct its trajectory should his target have avoided its path, in order to once more send it in their direction. The smallest bomb's trajectory can be changed up to only two times, while a full-sized bomb can have its trajectory changed up to six times. After the first two trajectory changes, the air bomb begins to shrink with each subsequent change, and once it has reached its smallest, any more attempts to alter its trajectory will result in the air bomb simply disappearing. If a bomb is already active, the bubble cannot be detonated but will instead act as a projectile, dealing small damage on contact then popping. However, as it cannot be detonated, Kosaku is forced control it until he lands it, is hit, or Flash Cancels. If "The Man in the Photos" is active, the trajectory change of air bombs is supplemented by a temporary speed boost, and the air bombs last longer before disappearing. A glitch exists where attempting to detonate the bomb immediately after it's sent out causes Kosaku to make the activating sound as an explosion can be heard, but the bomb itself stays intact. This allows Kosaku to cancel out of the control animation and act freely while the air bomb itself can still be detonated.
- This stone is a bomb!: Killer Queen charges a pebble as a bomb, and then plants it where Kosaku stands. This can only be detonated manually, and generates a large explosion that sends anyone caught flying. If a bomb is already active, this skill cannot be used.
- Stray Cat's protecting me now!: Kosaku is protected from the next next non-projectile, non-DHA attack by an air cushion placed in his suit by Stray Cat. If hit, the air bubble will push the opponent back and become a small, stationary bomb where Kosaku stands, exploding on contact with anyone or detonating manually to deal moderate damage. If a bomb is already active, the bubble cannot be detonated and will only deal small damage on contact then pop. Stray Cat cannot be removed from Kosaku while this skill is active.
- EX - Stray Cat's protecting me!: The skill executes quicker.
- EX - Contact Bomb: The full-size air bomb is immediately fired. The rule of active bombs still apply.
- Trait - The Man in the Photos: When Kosaku reaches his last health gauge, Yoshihiro Kira/Atom Heart Father appears and enhances "Contact Bomb" and "Impact Ignition Bomb" for 30 counts of the battle timer, randomly following one of the opponents. Air bombs are not influenced by whomever Yoshihiro targets.
- Dual Heat Attack - Bites the Dust: Identical to its performance in All Star Battle, though executes faster for the sake of brevity. It now completely resets the battle timer as well as every character's positions (the battle opening music "Demonstration Before Beginning Battle" even plays when Kosaku gloats over his success, and the battle music starts from the beginning). While still inflicting below-average on the target, it has the power to bring Retired opponents back with a sliver of health and heal Kosaku and his partner for a small amount (even restoring lost health gauges whenever possible). It will also revert any transformations, such as Ulimate Kars or Made in Heaven Pucci. In the first version of the game, the DHA would grant all characters, including the enemy team, a full health gauge, making it very frustrating to use from a strategic standpoint as it did not directly benefit Kosaku's team in any way, and prolonged matches unnecessarily if it was not used wisely.
- You must die!: Kosaku must connect his Style Action's attack 3 times. (200 Points)
- A simple tap is enough to blow you away!: Kosaku must connect "Contact Bomb" 3 times. (200 Points)
- It doesn't just blow up whatever it touches...: Kosaku must use "Impact Ignition Bomb" 5 times. (300 Points)
- My instinct prevented that attack!: Kosaku must use "Stray Cat's protecting me now!" 3 times. (500 Points)
- Now I can be free!: Kosaku must connect his Dual Heat Attack. (800 Points)
JoJo's Pitter-Patter Pop! (Android/iOS)
Yoshikage Kira is one of the playable characters in "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Last Survivor".